Some questions

Some advice about when to start to run blue maps?

At which point should I start to roll them to have the horde affix?

How does self found people do it then?

(I know there are two guides but they are fairly ambiguous for low level mapping)

PS: It feels weird people just skip low level maps, :P Gotta love sacrifices to the altar of efficiency.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
Last edited by NeroNoah on Apr 5, 2015, 3:43:14 PM
"
NeroNoah wrote:
How does self found people do it then?

I just start with the few 66s that drop while doing act 3 quests and move up from there, around char level 63-4 usually. In this mixed league I played a shockwave totemist which is fairly strong and suitable for playing self-found so I didn't need to skip any affixes except half/no regen and situational ones.

Sure, there are probably more efficient ways to go about it but I prefer just playing low maps in an orderly fashion a tier at a time, gives you a sense of progress. Besides, there was no reason to rush, getting 18 master quests takes a longer time than levelling to 80 anyway.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Apr 5, 2015, 5:03:06 PM
"
NeroNoah wrote:
Some advice about when to start to run blue maps?

At which point should I start to roll them to have the horde affix?

As soon as you are able to handle it.

@raics:
When you say: "I prefer just playing low maps in an orderly fashion a tier at a time, gives you a sense of progress" of course you are right but the OP is lvl 70 already probably 71 when he had some new gear.......

German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
Sure, once he gets decent gear he will quickly outgrow low maps, although experience penalty won't really kick in for 66s until around level 75, so if he wants to check them out he isn't losing much.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
I had no time to check ur tree, when i posted 1st post, only the gear. So now here is a tree check.

Try to commit to some notable passives. U just spread all over, not getting any real benefits.

For example like this:

skipping the ranger area for now, committing to dagger nodes and doing more effective passing in shadow start.
I try to play more defensively (I considered to have the stun avoidance node a lot more useful for now), although if I upgrade my gear it shouldn't be needed. I'm going to take those passives eventually, or with the next passive respec (next time I'm planning a lot more).
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
Last edited by NeroNoah on Apr 5, 2015, 7:02:34 PM
Get quality on your gear using Amourer Scrap and Blacksmith Whetstones
Then farm docks or library using chaos recipe to generate currency to upgrade your gear.
Agreed that you will be able to get better ones for a couple of chaos each.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info