Some questions

I'm playing a level 70 Shadow whose passive tree is:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYAAF4FtQ5ID6sRlha_GYoZjiP2JpUqCypNMHEwfDIBNZI2PTpCPydHBkrIS1dLeE2SUUdRTFM1VvVd8mHiYqxjQ2qMbIxtbG6qb55wUnBWcNV3_X1bfXV_K4MJidONfY2_kBuaE5smm7WdqqLZo4qnNKxHsNiyGbVItfK5PsCcwOPDOsgUykrLvc96037UI9aK2HbYvdvU3ajjhOaB53To1usU7g7vevGz8uHz6vVv_ro=

And gear:

First question: what improvements could be made? (Reave is my main AOE skill, Viper Strike as a single target, shield piercing skill, Vaal Reave for utility, I use self cast EC+IC because of the sockets and Assassin's Mark to improve my critical chance; my defenses are evasion and dodge)

Second question: I already run a Grotto map. What do you recommend me to do to level? Do I keep running Act 3 areas or I start mapping?
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
Last edited by NeroNoah on Apr 4, 2015, 11:58:24 PM
1st ur weapon, it is super crap. U can definitely buy way way better one for few chaos.
2nd buy a 5L, also few chaos max and use multistrike.
3rd all ur gear ist pretty bad, if u would invest 1-2c per slot, u could get way better.
Thanks. I was playing self found until now, but I expected something like that.

Should I save for something like Carcass Jack? (it's the rage with reavers, :P)

I was thinking about using something like the Mark of the Doubting knight as a budget option for the dagger...
Last edited by NeroNoah on Apr 5, 2015, 12:06:48 PM
As 1337fun said: "all ur gear ist pretty bad, if u would invest 1-2c per slot, u could get way better." Therefore I would not recommend saving for something special until you bought some cheap upgrades for every single slot.
Forget "Mark of the Doubting Knight" it's crap - just buy a good rare dagger for about 1 or 2 ex. If you don't have that much currency np, there are enough mediocre daggers for a few chaos.
Shopping order should be: weapond first, then 5l chest and then every other part of your gear (boots should maybe be the last item because yours are not that bad than the other items).
Edit: I'm impressed you reached lvl.70 with that gear! ^^
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
Last edited by 666lol666 on Apr 5, 2015, 2:57:23 PM
I play carefully. In some point I died a lot (because of even shittier gear and getting used to the game...as melee). I have like 150 deaths, but most from low levels when I was using a shitty machine.

I take the advice. It surprises me people see that dagger as bad. Mine is even worse and daggers are hard to come by anyway...
I forgot to answer your second question. Usually at your level you would do blue lvl. 68-71 maps with the horde mod for leveling BUT there is no way that you could do that with your current gear. Keep running Act 3 for currency until you have enough currency for new gear. If your clearspeed is good enough with the new gear saving for a 5L lightning coil could be a good idea too before starting to run maps. Lightning coils damage mitigration is unmatched for a melee char and sometimes you can even buy a 5L legacy one for 4-6 ex.

German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
What about running level 66 white maps? I cleared Grotto without trouble, I know there are some noobtraps in the pool.
White lvl. 66 maps are just not worth it. Usually you can get more currency while farming certain act 3 areas. Beginning to run maps can be so much fun but it could become very frustrating too when your gear suxx. I think there is no way that you could do a lvl. 66 dungeon map for example. You really need some gear upgrades.
1.) farm currency
2.) buy new gear
3.) run blue horde maps **
4.) have fun!
** A cheap, easy and fast way to get to level 80 is to buy tons of level 71 strand maps, alch them until horde and run them.

Well, I guess I'll buy the gear (I have some currency, probable enough for an upgrade), but I'll be playing maps just to know them. I'll avoid the noob traps until I have a stronger character and no experience to lose.
There sure are, spoilers on sub-70 nugtraps ahead. Farming piety or domino is possibly more rewarding than low level mapping but it gets old really quick, maps are marginally more fun.

Spoiler
At level 66 the most dangerous ones are dungeon brutus and orchard worm, blacksmith in dunes can be tricky for melees too.

At level 67 the only ones packing a stronger punch are thicket and wharf bosses but neither is nearly as bad as those 66 bosses.

Level 68 is fairly tame across the board except for the museum trio, if you don't manage to face them one at a time chance of kicking the bucket is high, probably the nastiest sub-70 boss when all three are together.

Level 69 bosses are mostly pushover material with only promenade duo being somewhat more challenging.

At 70 it's smart to avoid merveil in graveyard, certain mods make her a total beast and it's also a gpu-intensive fight if you can't take her out quickly. Villa boss is very build-dependent, for those that use AoE attacks that destroy traps it's easy, but others can get overwhelmed by traps.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Apr 5, 2015, 3:35:21 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info