[1MHC] Void Slammer (Stun lock , Groundslam)

Hi guys this is my ground slam , stun lock marauder.

The main weapon i'll be using is voidhome because of how cheap it is and how fast it attacks. just such great dps. I tested voidhome a while ago to see if it really is as bad as most people think. But i was greatly surpised at how fun the weapon is to play with. Speed is 1 of the most fun enhancing things in this game. The draw back of losing exp is not such a big deal if you are having fun. The reduced rarity can hurt a bit but ill cover that later.

There are 2 ways to stun lock an mob, the 1 is to hit really hard with the biggest weapon you can find. and stack some stun duration and reduce enemey stun threashold. For a long lasting stun.

This build will focus on just getting a shorter stun, but chaining them with such speed that it causes a perma stun.

Pros
- cheap
- can do some hard content for melee build on a budget
- not phased by phys reflect (lots of small hits)
- Stuns everything, good for party play (makes game safer)
- perma 6 endurance charges, with endurance charge on hit.

Cons
- can have mana issues, but not with voidhome. built in mana leech
- using Skull Cracking(passive node) can be bad if there is a MF culler in the party.
- slower to level from scratch due to gear needing to be upgraded every now and then.

Ill be giving updates on my daily progress.
Progression

lvl 73

so on my adventures i have managed to not die yet. but i've been taking it pretty slow and steady
but i can perma stun piety and map exiles which comes in handy often, mapping with a group makes my party members feel a lot safer cus of the stun locks.
killing the exiles zana mission i had to take down the stunlock exile , the storm call guy and a ghosted glacial hammer exile. in a 71 map when i was lvl 70 . but i managed to perma stun all of them making the kills much easier.

currently have 4.1k hp
21.7k heavy strike deeps
11k ground slam
4.6k leap slam (only faster attacks linked)

current gear

current tree
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgEAe4zG2IzPPfxYY_ZIxFhfP-8OFCBQR-RRhVLrCTkOCZaXeXasz36tjdlhfNn3MuoYlIeexTs7d1NR5t-ykc5XDfJB0iGCB9l8ns0Z6eStAeenMGDEYJEYkbyf_EsUTTbo4kO2pIZgmAphIRpVZKOplHh6qSeHaoTvYEsn1XTteu8FLcCmB3XcPSFVXhMnIIoiLPu-p2VNvTZHfoTZOd1D5-SxQKA1krXyqW54DViv_grYvRLh

day 3 taking it slow/ end lvl 61

so after i finished cruel and act 1 merci i really wanted to find another spot that i could just kill stuff quickly like i did in city of sarn. I really like the low risk, fast speed areas.
My new area of choice for merci is The Coast (first area out side of town) . might seem a bit silly but it's very linear and easy to run. plus it spawns corrupted zones :D . i made about 7c in 2 hours and found 7 fragments

then i desided to start farming tidle island. lvl 58 area and chamber of sins is also 58. but i like tidle because it's so small and i can circle it and get more chance of corrupted areas or masters.

i had to start running purity and got some resist nodes to cap my resist in merci (very important to cap your res no matter what)

gear

tree

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgEAe4zG2PZIxFg9_FhjjM9fP-8OFCDkUVBHOQ4Jlpd56wnZYYVSz36tjXasnsU7O3dTUebqGN-ylIdBP1cN0iHyQYIHns0B56cwGenkrWDEYJG8n_xLFE182fcyGJE26GEhGlVko6mUeHqpJ4dqhNmYCuJDtqSGYL6nZU29Nkd-EuGRzvIvGj4FLXrvdO2E72BL

VOID TIME BABY

now lvl 54 and equiping Voidhome for the first time my dps jumps from 3k up to 5.7k.
but now the set up changes from
ground slam > melee phys > added fire > item rarity / running herald of ash and hatred
to
ground slam > melee phys > multi strike > stun / running just herald of ash

so it becomes safer to play because of more stuns. using added fire the dps goes up to 7k.

And after some progression clearing act 3 cruel. i could perma stun piety and dominus with ground slam. So it was some very safe boss kills.
ground slam > stun > endurance charge on stun > melee phys

My day 2 part 2 , cruel act 3 lvl 54

i found that going into docks was not so great for this build in cruel because it's rather dangerous with the void bears and the damage of the build was not good enough with geofris to get good exp in a party.

so i leveld in city of sarn from lvl 47 all the way to 54, and i kept up with a friend running a fire trapper in docks. I found the efficiency of 1 shotting packs in sarn and that it is less dangerous let me push really hard with a quick silver.

i had 1.8k hp at this point and 2.6k dps with ground slam.
also sarn is nice because i didnt have to worry THAT much about resists. but of it's always best to cap resists at this point.

i also found an awesome ring with mana on kill , which helped fix mana issues.
i had also been using item rarity in my ground slam to help get more items to turn into alts. it did help my progress a bit.

gear

tree lvl 54
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgEAe4zG2PZIxFg9_FhjjM9fP-8OFCDkUVBHOQ4Jlpd56wnZYYVSz36tjXasnsU7O3dTUebqGN-ylIdBP1cN0iHyQYIHns0B56cwGenkrWDEYJG8n_xLFE182fcyGJE26GEhGlVko6mUeHqpJ4dqhNmYCuJDtqSGYDH7f-M=

My day 2 - cruel and going

So just after act 2 i had a very close encounter with some sprinkler totems.. idk how i survived that. But anyway. now im in act 1 cruel :D

I jumped straight into party docks till lvl 34 to use the giant life flasks. then i progressed again.
i was surpised how many bosses i could stun with ground slam + stun + Hrimnor's Hymn.

i could almost perma stun normal dominus. which made it much easier for the 6 man party.

I was luck and picked up a Geofri's for 1 chaos(but only when i hit cruel). the res of my gear has been self found. and self crafted flasks.

Gear

tree lvl 42

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgEAe4zG2PZIxFg9_FhjjM9fP-8OFCDkUVBHOQ4Jlpd56wnZYYVSz36tjXasnsU7O3dTUebqGN-ylIdBP1cN0iHyQYIHns0B56cwGenkrWDEYJG8n_xLFE182fcyGJE=

Phase 1 Clearing act 2 normal

i had 985 life, about 330 dps ground slam , and around 800 dps heavy strike.

bought the hrimnor's hymn for 1 fuse, and after that i was 1 shotting almost every pack with ground slam.

gear

tree at lvl 26
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgEAe4w9_FhjxtiMz_ZIxFhfP-8OFCDkUVBHhVLrCTkOCZaXeXasz36tjdlhlIeexTs7d1NR5uoY

Final tree lvl 81
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgEAe4w9_FhjxthfP_ZIxFhQR-8OFCDkUYVS6wk5DgmWl3l2rM9-rY3ZYZSHnsU7O3dTUebqGEE_37J82fcyPC3E9nKpogDwH2jyr2xM_wPuM4cdvsBmBLM8BZ_f73yRzlcNu-2nMJ7N0iEB52DEGenkrWCRGJG8n_xLFE026JgK4kO2pIZghO9hIRpVZKOplHh6qSeHaoTZvqdlTb02R3705rCrXznd45stBS1673Tt3D0hVV4TYEvYvf4Ktz7Grgd1wKY=

Theory craft

magic find

So on my weapon swap right now is Reaper's Pursuit. And when i think it's safe to wpn swap i kill the boss. with 80+% iir. which helps a lot with some of the loots :)

magic finding

solo piety

So for a few levels between 65 and 70 i did a few piety runs to get my map pool going.
i would use:
Leap slam to get to her a bit faster, but mainly ran with quick silver and killd mobs on the way

Heavy strike , stun, endurance charge on melee stun , melee phys.
then when she got to 10% life about. i would weapon swap to my Reapers Pursuit and cull with an item rarity gem for +100% IIR killing blow. which gave enough loot to get some chaos recipies and gear to trade.

The Coast, Runs

This was my safe leveling spot for a long time and i noticed it spawned corrupted zones quite a lot.
The idea of this zone is to use a high damage leap slam and zoot around killing as much stuff as i could on the way to check for corrupted zones. Doing roughly full clears in 1-2 minutes a run.
The main wealth i was getting was mainly from currency drops and 6s items.
The very high kill speed in the zone gave some nice rewards.

i am still working on this guide as i progress

Updated :
15th april 2015 :
passive tree changes

5th april 2015
Last edited by p4ttch on Apr 17, 2015, 3:48:54 PM
How is it progressing? What do you think you'll change for the Awakening beta?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info