How to fix stun threshold/duration?

When I first started LLD I was getting stunned and wrecked. I learned how powerful stun is. Now I use %stun on all my skills, and eye of chayula.
God_of_Thieves_LLD_PVP__I hate the Labyrinth
"
ripnburn69 wrote:
When I first started LLD I was getting stunned and wrecked. I learned how powerful stun is. Now I use %stun on all my skills, and eye of chayula.

After playing a lot of LLD I realised eye of chayula is close to useless and just creating a shadow prevents you from getting stunned. Also using the stun gem is hardly ever a good idea because almost everything already deals enough damage to stun without the stun gem.
Last edited by lapiz on Apr 7, 2015, 5:24:23 AM
"
lapiz wrote:
"
ripnburn69 wrote:

After playing a lot of LLD I realised eye of chayula is close to useless and just creating a shadow prevents you from getting stunned. Also using the stun gem is hardly ever a good idea because almost everything already deals enough damage to stun without the stun gem.

I didn't realize being shadow made you stun imune? You mean I wasted 2 chaos on eye? Please elaborate?

The % on stun is duration. I stun lock and kill them. That's whats causing this "stun is op nerf it" thread.

God_of_Thieves_LLD_PVP__I hate the Labyrinth
Last edited by ripnburn69 on Apr 7, 2015, 9:46:31 AM
I feel like this thread is gettin a little derailed. I didnt say nerf stun in any way. I simply want a method of balancing it better. Stun stays the same but make stun recovery mods more effective. I feel like stun recovery is doing next to nothing in the current pvp settings. I have 57% on my shadow and I get stun locked constantly. ya you can always stack up avoid stun and heart of oak and acrobatics but I feel like that is too eastern tree branch oriented. Would be cool if there was a another way other than chayulla, unwavering stance, acro + leo stun avoidence + ES. The current stun recovery model will never cut it. Things like heavy strike, stun gem, craghead, and general damage output compared to life values are set in such a way, just like lapiz said, you dont even need stun gem to be stunning people constantly. Things like arc and firestorm, RoA, cyclone, and more just desynch the shit out of you.
I Stream PvP Twitch.tv/GrindcoreTHRALL
THE STORY OF MY Descent into the Abysmal Afterlife( HC to SC, too Stronk!)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/346754
PK massacre, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldz09uBZ-ug
"
I feel like this thread is gettin a little derailed. I didnt say nerf stun in any way. I simply want a method of balancing it better. Stun stays the same but make stun recovery mods more effective. I feel like stun recovery is doing next to nothing in the current pvp settings. I have 57% on my shadow and I get stun locked constantly. ya you can always stack up avoid stun and heart of oak and acrobatics but I feel like that is too eastern tree branch oriented. Would be cool if there was a another way other than chayulla, unwavering stance, acro + leo stun avoidence + ES. The current stun recovery model will never cut it. Things like heavy strike, stun gem, craghead, and general damage output compared to life values are set in such a way, just like lapiz said, you dont even need stun gem to be stunning people constantly. Things like arc and firestorm, RoA, cyclone, and more just desynch the shit out of you.

Witches are also stun immune due to their passive tree and Marauder gets UW if they really desire so. Duelists aren't really good for anything else besides maybe cycloning (stun immune) anyways.

Templar is pretty much the only race left without a direct answer to stuns in the tree. Yet Templars are the 2nd strongest race after Shadow even without such a passive. If a Templar really wanted to though, he could grab the witch nodes as well.

Stun recovery itself is a decent stat already when its combined with the above mentioned immunities and there's enough of it. Only bowers really get to enjoy this though because of Rearguard and its 50% stun recovery. Stun recovery starts to become nice somewhere around 40-80% which I feel is "ok" for now, the least of concerns I would say. Not to forget once again, changing the mechanics or balance of it would affect pve too..
Last edited by lapiz on Apr 8, 2015, 3:19:34 AM
I would say stun needs a nerf. The threshold is simply too low. Firestorm without stun gen stuns, tornado shot without stun stuns.. These attacks are many, small hits. Stunning is way too easy, add the stun gem and threshold/duration is nuts.
"
bigfoot312 wrote:
I would say stun needs a nerf. The threshold is simply too low. Firestorm without stun gen stuns, tornado shot without stun stuns.. These attacks are many, small hits. Stunning is way too easy, add the stun gem and threshold/duration is nuts.

Same applies to pve. Dmg is way higher now than it was year ago and stun formula is same. Even skills like incinerate can stun which is imo hilarious.
"
lapiz wrote:
Spoiler
"

Witches are also stun immune due to their passive tree and Marauder gets UW if they really desire so. Duelists aren't really good for anything else besides maybe cycloning (stun immune) anyways.

Templar is pretty much the only race left without a direct answer to stuns in the tree. Yet Templars are the 2nd strongest race after Shadow even without such a passive. If a Templar really wanted to though, he could grab the witch nodes as well.

Stun recovery itself is a decent stat already when its combined with the above mentioned immunities and there's enough of it. Only bowers really get to enjoy this though because of Rearguard and its 50% stun recovery. Stun recovery starts to become nice somewhere around 40-80% which I feel is "ok" for now, the least of concerns I would say. Not to forget once again, changing the mechanics or balance of it would affect pve too..
Spoiler

There stun immune at casting and thats if they go largely ES. You keep elaborating the counters to stun as if we dont know about them. My suggestion here is being made in favor of more build diversity so people arent reliant on cornerstones which can be largely encumbering. 40-80%? Maybe vs stun in general and when mixed with the other remedies, but vs builds aiming to stun, 80% stun recovery without acro and heart of oak would barely be anything, especially vs HS with stun gem and or craghead bowers.
I Stream PvP Twitch.tv/GrindcoreTHRALL
THE STORY OF MY Descent into the Abysmal Afterlife( HC to SC, too Stronk!)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/346754
PK massacre, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldz09uBZ-ug

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info