Recommend Me a Good Anime (Samkiud's "to Watch" List)

"
Samkiud wrote:
"
Some recommendations I have are as follows:

Yowamushi Pedal - Cycling
Haikyu!! - Volleyball
Ace of Diamond - Baseball
Kuroko's Basketball - Basketball
(Pretty big into Sports anime atm)

AnoHana: The Flower We Saw That Day - Slice of Life
Sword of the Stranger - Action movie
Monogatari series - Colorfully awkward awesomeness
Samurai Champloo - Action
Samurai Flamenco - Power rangers meets Kickass
Rosario Vampire - We all need a lil bit of ecchi sketchy in our lives
The Kawai Complex Guide to Manors and Hostel Behavior - Slice of Life
Fairy Tail - Longer running action comedy
Code Geass - Sci-fi mecha drama
Baccano!/Durarara!! - Just awesome shows

...many more are out there for sure. These are some that I've thoroughly enjoyed recently.

Did you read the OP?

Mind games and plot twists as in Death Note.
Yowamushi Pedal - Cycling
Haikyu!! - Volleyball
Ace of Diamond - Baseball
Kuroko's Basketball - Basketball

Existential subjects, such as soul and fate. Not necessarily religious matter.
AnoHana: The Flower We Saw That Day - Slice of Life
Monogatari series - Colorfully awkward awesomeness
Samurai Flamenco - Power rangers meets Kickass
Rosario Vampire - We all need a lil bit of ecchi sketchy in our lives
The Kawai Complex Guide to Manors and Hostel Behavior - Slice of Life
Code Geass - Sci-fi mecha drama
Baccano!/Durarara!! - Just awesome shows

If by "Existential subjects" you mean trying to find the meaning of living in an otherwise meaningless existence, then these shows are for you!

But in truth I didn't read the OP. Darker than Black, Berserk, or Akira are more likely what you're looking for. Also Haibane Renmei but I'm wasn't a big fan of it. Maybe you will be!
"
GooberM wrote:
Going through my Watched list, I think Haibane Renmei would appeal to you, though it's a bit .. dry?

Since Haibane Renmei is only 13 episodes long its something everyone who watches lot of Anime should watch. It left feeling to want something more when I watched it till the end. But was still really good Anine in my opinion. Something different. Something unique.
Last edited by Therier on Oct 8, 2015, 4:34:12 AM
"
Therier wrote:
"
GooberM wrote:
Going through my Watched list, I think Haibane Renmei would appeal to you, though it's a bit .. dry?

Since Haibane Renmei is only 13 episodes long its something everyone who watches lot of Anime should watch. It left feeling to want something more when I watched it till the end. But was still really good Anine in my opinion. Something different. Something unique.

Well, I personally liked it, but I wouldn't put it on a priority list. I was thinking it might fit OP's style though. It's not something I'd suggest to someone looking for an "entertaining" experience.

And, yeah, the OST was nice.
You make my ochinchin go doki doki.

Last edited by GooberM on Oct 8, 2015, 5:51:07 AM
Indeed! Its not entertaining but still amazing anime. Its hard to explain why. Its experience. And big one.
You dropped NGE??? But...but... WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY???????????? Its so awesome. Soul Eater is good. Maybe Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex?
"
EvaPilot wrote:
You dropped NGE??? But...but... WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY???????????? Its so awesome. Soul Eater is good. Maybe Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex?

I found it a little dull at that time. Maybe I'll give it another try now that 6 years has passed.
Last edited by Samkiud on Oct 14, 2015, 6:53:08 AM
Watching Parasyte -the maxim-. Definitely one of the best anime I've ever enjoyed.

JohnNamikaze was absolutely right.

"
JohnNamikaze wrote:
Parasyte -the maxim-

This might be close to what you want, and it recently finished (last week). This anime show I recommended happens to be my favorite anime show so far this year, and it has plenty of intense moments.
Last edited by Samkiud on Dec 9, 2015, 4:40:09 PM
Sadamitsu the Destroyer is worth a watch.

I would call the series "finished" but it's enjoyable and not too long.
“Demons run when a good man goes to war"
Highly recommended:

Trigun (Old but gold, loved it)

Ghost in the Shell, Movie. (Oh man my alltime favorite) - Just listen to Wamdue Project - King of my Castle <- This will get you in the mood :D

Seven Deadly Sins - 24 episodes ready for a marathon.

Good Animes and Movies:

One punch man (Anime is good, but maybe look for the Manga)
Death Note
Trinity Blood (who doesn't like vampires?)
Deus ex Machina (Movie)

My last watched Anime:

Valkyrie Drive - WARNING! This one is really fucked up. This is not a Anime for beginners and has Mature content. - You've been warned.
█▀▀▌ █▌█▀▀▀ █▀▀▌█▄░▌
█▀▀█ █▌▀▀▀█ █░░▌█▀▌▌
█▄▄▌ █▌█▄▄█ █▄▄▌█░█▌
The Fruittis

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info