How to use ES as supplementary defense?

Yeah I've seen some hybrid Flameblasters in the past which can be pretty good if you manage to clear fast and not get hit much. It's more of a gear intensive build in my eyes since you need to have good mana stats on your gear without EB to be able to run AA. On the other hand you'd need similarly awesome gear to reach that level of EHP on a Cloak-EB build.

I don't put GR on my hybrid builds. I treat the ES part like a buffer: if it's gone, that means I need to kite for a bit. sure, my life can tank a hit or two, but I'd rather wait for my ES to charge again.
Better stay in the land of the damned, Exile. Here, even the very words are corrupted by Nightmare.
Taking ZO can actually be useful without GR or a huge amount of ES, as having even 1 ES when an enemy hits you gives you a 50% chance to avoid stun. If it takes too many points to reach unwavering and aren't a spellcaster able to make use of steady hands then it can be quite useful.
IGN: Asser, AssDelver, Assphobic, AnointedAss, BetrayedByMyAss, CrackedAss, FracturedAss, FulcrumedUpMyAss, ImpaledAss, IncursionOfTheAss, WarForTheAss, UnleashTheAss, ScreamingAsshole, SwampAssKing, Yui
"

Having ES without Ghostreaver is just a waste... if you can´t refill it during combat its good for nothing imho.

ya I agree man, ghost reaver or aegis shield, maybe zo, some way of getting it back in combat otherwise its pretty useless, waiting for recharge and removing yourself from combat etc, that isnt even always an option and when it is its hardly an ideal, perpetual way to play. Im not one of these clearspeed fanatics by any stretch but even for me waiting out recharges... nah man.

I have a hybrid life + es build, using ghost reaver + aegis, its great, a bit snowflake but thats all good imo, essentially 8k hp pool, its strong. char in spoiler...

Spoiler

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYAAF4DHgX5BiMHHgguCpsNfA5IEHsRLxGWFr8ZjhzcH0Ej9iaVKPoppSoLKwoyATY9RXxGcUlRSbFKfUtXTZJOKlVLV8lbr13yX2ph4mHrYqxjQ2egbIxtbG-ecFJw1XcHeOt6U311f8aDCYcTh3aJ04wLjDaNfZMnlS6XBpeXmK2bJpyknaqhIqOKshm0DLQ4tMW1SLb3uXy74746wOPEosu9z3rTftfP2xrb590N45_lGeaB5wrndOjW6rrssO2D7g7veu-I8NXxs_Pq9Pj5N_v1_MX-ug==

4750 life, 3450 es, 9k armour, cast on crit EE, I swap the ele damage roll on the ring around from lightning to fore depending on what spells im using, its usually freeze pulse or ice spear with either arc or fireball depending on the mood. Hybrid is surely a thing but without the aegis/ghost reaver the es pool would basically be worthless.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info