So this is considered plus sized...

http://wgntv.com/2015/02/04/new-sports-illustrated-swimsuit-issue-to-feature-plus-size-model/

Normal bodies are plus sized now. Ok.

And then actually obese people call it "fat shaming" when you tell em to lose weight. Purge this planet from humanity already.

The line "First kill all the lawyers" is dated and needs to be updated. "First kill all the marketers"

Think Billy Shakespeare would approve?
That is bloody ridiculous ... That is my body size and I am not fat or overweight.

I used to be anorexic thin in my teens, based on modelling standards being a stone and a half underweight was normal body size.
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
"
Moonyu wrote:
The line "First kill all the lawyers" is dated and needs to be updated. "First kill all the marketers"

Think Billy Shakespeare would approve?

Are you insinuating that people dont read magazines any longer and they did this just as a publicity stunt?

for shame
I am insinuating that I hate marketers over all others. Magazines are merely one example of their poisonous effect on society.

Sure I still hate lawyers, but I don't want to get sued
She's plus size, nothing wrong with that, but she is.....
"
MonstaMunch wrote:

I dont want to see what "normal" sized looks to you. Shes normal, what you usually see at fast food chains is obese and what you see on the runway is underweight.
"
"
MonstaMunch wrote:

I dont want to see what "normal" sized looks to you. Shes normal, what you usually see at fast food chains is obese and what you see on the runway is underweight.

it's just semantics. would it make everyone feel better if you get rid of the terminology "plus size"? no, because that won't change the fact that those people are fat or skinny. the backlash is just a push to make obese "normal" and victimize healthy looking people as "skinny" or "underweight" or "unhealthily skinny".
For all your up-to-date Path of Exile news and events, check out the official Path of Exile Forum here -------- http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/
"

Well, I livein a country where people mainly eat rice and vegetables, and where the first fast food places only opened up a couple of years ago.

In any case, the term "plus size" in modeling is relative to "normal" sized models, and yes, the chick in the photo is clearly bigger than most of the people who are in that magazine. Again, I'm not saying its bad, I don't care, she could be morbidly obese and it would still be none of my business. That doesn't change the fact she's bigger than most models, so it's fair to call her plus size.

"
comm_il_vec wrote:
"
"
MonstaMunch wrote:

it's just semantics. would it make everyone feel better if you get rid of the terminology "plus size"? no, because that won't change the fact that those people are fat or skinny. the backlash is just a push to make obese "normal" and victimize healthy looking people as "skinny" or "underweight" or "unhealthily skinny".

I would think that underweight as in, those model looks and overweight as in, those obese people are helped out to gain/lose weight and told that as well because what is quite sad is the fact that people are afraid of offending people when it comes to seeing someone who is underweight/overweight.

I wouldnt even date someone who is over or underweight if they werent willing to change. Same way i of course would change for my partner. Nothing worse that an obese person in one of those scooters blocking half the sidewalk thinking they the new normal.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info