Future games in the Path of Exile universe?

I've been trying to find out as much about the backstory of Path of Exile, and I've found quite a detailed dark fantasy setting behind this otherwise simple hack and slash ARPG. Things like Virtue Gems, the theocracy of Oriath, the practice of prisoner transportation (exile), to the fallen Eternal Empire and the Vaal Empire to the Eternal Laboratory and its maps to other realities... We have more than enough for a traditional CRPG or even a tabletop RPG.

So I wondered... Is there a future for a more realistic game set in the Path of Exile universe? Something similar to the other game named PoE (Pillars of Eternity), where you play as one or more heroes facing a more realistic number of monsters. It doesn't have to be set in Wraeclast so as not to conflict with PoE, and could be set in Oriath, where the player might be a fugitive trying to bring down the theocracy from within the tiny island nation. It could even take place concurrently with PoE; Dominus's defeat at the hands of the exile might make it easier for the protagonist to bring down the old order.

Or... You could have a game set on a peaceful Map which just built its own version of the Eternal Laboratory, and one of the Maps leads to the setting of Path of Exile, where criminal supermen wield equipment encrusted in magical gems of power. What's worse is that these murder machines have access to Map technology and might make it to the "real world" (the peaceful Map).

Your thoughts, folks?
POE will be GGGs only game. Considering they got 10 acts planned its a very safe assumption that they will work on POE for 30 years+.
30? More like 40-50 solid years.
Next up, PoE MOBA where you can play as Vaal and Piety. Make this happen.
"
MaSterX_BG wrote:
30? More like 40-50 solid years.

For that we need to know how old the devs are.^^

"
Jaxom wrote:

lol isnt it the trend lately

Turbine making a MOBA is a joke
Closed Beta|Open Beta|Release|League Only
The last QA hinted at some big gameplay additon. I dont feel like finding it now but I am going to guess it is a moba style addition. They want viewers on social sites.
I want a PoE visual novel. Definitely going for the Nessa ending.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
If the PoE game engine becomes too outdated in the future, I would rather GGG do a game engine overhaul, instead of releasing an entirely new game (PoE2). Sort of like how EVE updated their game engine back in 2007.

I think this would upset a lot less players, since they won't feel like GGG abandoned PoE for a newer game. Path of Exile is a living and breathing game. It's dynamic and every patch there's giant changes in the metagame. That same philosophy can surely be applied to the game engine too. If games like EVE, WoW, and Second Life can last as long as they did, I'm sure PoE can too.
✮ in-game @FTMFW
✮ twitch.tv/RRTSON
✮ [Shop] http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/909223
✮ [Build of the Week] http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1034503
Last edited by rrtson on Mar 30, 2015, 4:29:15 PM
"
CrownOfThorns wrote:
"
Jaxom wrote:

lol isnt it the trend lately

Turbine making a MOBA is a joke

Are they really? I hadn't seen that one yet. Yeah, everyone is making a MOBA so I figured, why not one in the PoE universe.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info