Question about: Static Strike + Reflect + Block

I am currently playing a Block build with aegis aurora. So far it works pretty good, but reflect seem to hurt me a lot, and i dont really understand why.

I got 29215 armour, which means i gain 1168 energy shield for each block. (capped since i only got 982 Max ES)

My Hits deal an average of 3609 damage, which is all Elemental damage.
18% reflect -> 649 damage reflected.
75% resistance -> 162 damage reflected

The discharges deal even less damage. So in order to hurt me at all, i must not block 7 reflect's in a row.
The chance of that happening should be 1:16384. (75% block chance)

But it still hurts me pretty badly when i hit into a big reflect group.

Can someone tell me where the mistake in my calculation is?
Last edited by maulepan on Mar 30, 2015, 9:06:43 AM
"
maulepan wrote:

But it still hurts me pretty badly when i hit into a big reflect group.

erm...

Also, it seems that reflected damage can be blocked but it won't trigger on block effects.
Huh. learn something new everyday.
Better stay in the land of the damned, Exile. Here, even the very words are corrupted by Nightmare.
okay...
Is that intended or is it just a bug?
Last edited by maulepan on Mar 30, 2015, 11:39:46 AM
I'd like to think of it as intended.
Better stay in the land of the damned, Exile. Here, even the very words are corrupted by Nightmare.
I think it's intended in order to avoid infinite loops (for example Reflect => Block => Tempest Shield => Reflect...).

Also if you use penetration, it'll will work against you as well because what's reflected is a % of your full attack action.
Last edited by IceDeal on Mar 30, 2015, 10:31:30 PM
"
Also if you use penetration, it'll will work against you as well because what's reflected is a % of your full attack action.

As far as I know, this is not true. Reflect damage does not have any special properties. The only property it has is your accuracy.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info