Why do you Play Path of Exile?

Aside from the obvious answer that it's fun to play, what's the main thing that keeps you coming back?

For me, it's the hideout system. It's the main reason why I log in every day. It's also the reason why I gave up on temp HC leagues despite being a rogue like player, because I want to eventually get a tier 3 hideout (master level 7) without having to live full time in Wraeclast.

I also have some fondness for Global Chat. Despite being a solo/self-found player, the constant chat makes me feel connected to the greater PoE community. I'm 30 right now, and I've grown fond of the silliness and occasional helpful chat messages that scroll up my screen. Were I ten years younger, I'd have raged at all these "stupid kids" spamming "my" chat window.

To my understanding, the chat isn't region locked, is it? Just league-locked?
Nothing, I quit a long time ago

Spoiler
Act IV hype!
To Do List:
-Add Better Minion Supports
-Add More Permanent Minions
GoreFleshSummoner | Low Life Zombie n' Specter Summoner
Summoner Gear: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1633760
"
KaneAdamson wrote:
Aside from the obvious answer that it's fun to play, what's the main thing that keeps you coming back?

For me, it's the hideout system. It's the main reason why I log in every day. It's also the reason why I gave up on temp HC leagues despite being a rogue like player, because I want to eventually get a tier 3 hideout (master level 7) without having to live full time in Wraeclast.

I also have some fondness for Global Chat. Despite being a solo/self-found player, the constant chat makes me feel connected to the greater PoE community. I'm 30 right now, and I've grown fond of the silliness and occasional helpful chat messages that scroll up my screen. Were I ten years younger, I'd have raged at all these "stupid kids" spamming "my" chat window.

To my understanding, the chat isn't region locked, is it? Just league-locked?

The fact that it always grind my gears to have a leveling expierience with a new idea,testing out in a new league,failing or winning doesnt matter.

I like hideouts and it is one of the good additions to the game.I liked also SOTV,but it doesnt give me insentive[(?) cant remember the exact word]

I despise global chat,have it closed 90% of time,then that 10% are good memorys of it on close beta.

Having fun by myself(sounds kinky i know) or with friends on daily rotations.
Bye bye desync!
Trying to get my money's worth.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Addictive personality.
With a new baby it allows me to play somewhat seriously in short bursts. Mostly because I'm having fun with it though and I dig GGG.
The Skill system (active and passive).
You can try an near infinitive number of builds and you have many possibilities to customise your character.
mainly to try out and make my own builds, farm maps and xp with friends and guild and getting my favorite charakter even stronger.
I love starting from scratch in these games, bare naked, empty stash, with plenty of H&S looting ahead of you. From 1 to 85 PoE makes total sense...

From this pov, the temp. leagues & races are an awesome feature, that keeps me busy. Pick a build, grind, try to get over obstacles, until you still feel progression... I've perfected a few chars in a more long-term play, but after 90 the game becomes kinda boring and stale.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
I play PoE coz I loved Diablo 2... but D2 barely have any new contents I think D2's latest content update was like 5 years ago or something.

If Diablo 3 was half as good as D2 I wouldn't be playing PoE.
GGG should be thanking Blizzard for fucking D3 up royally.
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info