Need advice on multimodding a bow

Hello POE bros,

I could use some advice; I'm still a noob when it comes to crafting bows.

I'm on the standard torment/bloodlines one month league and I managed to craft this:

I'm wondering if you feel this bow is worth multimodding; the cost would be 2ex + 20c for the service.

I'm not entirely sure how the damage calculations work on mods, but here's what I'm expecting:

Prefixes:
157% increase physical dmg
5-98 lightning dmg
14-18 to 26-31 dmg (mod)

Suffixes:
17% increased global crit strike
Eleron multimod (mod)
IAS or crit chance

If I do the math with the IAS and flat dmg mod, my dps calculations come out to:

(87+229 + 16 + 28.5 (avg of flat mod))/2 * 1.2 (ias) * 1.2 (quality) * 1.10 (IAS craft) = 285.51

Kind of feels like a low-end bow that's hardly worth 2ex + 20c. What do you good folks think?

FYI, I'm running this bow right now:

If it's not worth multimodding, is it at least worth adding the flat dmg increase and using this bow over my current bow?

Thanks!
Not worth 2ex imo (lightning dmg, mediocre crit multi, and not best damage % roll) . I dont know what Ilevel is that harbinger. If its high enough maybe try to alt aug better mods on it?
Last edited by RetardedPaladin on Mar 30, 2015, 3:49:23 AM
"
Not worth 2ex imo (lightning dmg, mediocre crit multi, and not best damage % roll) . I dont know what Ilevel is that harbinger. If its high enough maybe try to alt aug better mods on it?

Exactly what dmg mod you talking about? Lightning dmg is the wrong roll here but not total disaster, crit multi is decent, and thats fucking tier 1 % roll so dont know what you talking about when you say "not the best damage roll". Personally i wouldnt multimod it with those mods but throw a yolo exalt on it, get the flat with it or start from beginning.

Didnt take the time to recalculate the multimod DPS part but you should also consider that it would be tooltip dps increaase even when its not as high dps as your other bow if the crit chance mod is added to it.

Im not an crafter but this is just my oppinion so do as you please with it :D
Yeah, your calculations are wrong.

Multimodding, you're looking at

61.5 flat phys (Harbinger base)
22.25 flat phys (flat phys mod)
157% incr phys (Tyrannical mod)
20% incr phys (quality)
51.5 flat light

(61.5 + 22.25) * (1 + 1.57 + 0.2) + 51.5 = 283,4875 dmg/attack

* 1.2 aps = 340,185 DPS bow (278,385 pDPS + 61,8 eDPS),

assuming you multimod for crit chance.

edit: Woops, didn't verify Tora's flat phys. Should be correct now, ~340 DPS instead of ~360.
Last edited by acme_myst on Mar 30, 2015, 5:42:39 AM
"
vvooee wrote:
"

Exactly what dmg mod you talking about? Lightning dmg is the wrong roll here but not total disaster, crit multi is decent, and thats fucking tier 1 % roll so dont know what you talking about when you say "not the best damage roll". Personally i wouldnt multimod it with those mods but throw a yolo exalt on it, get the flat with it or start from beginning.

Didnt take the time to recalculate the multimod DPS part but you should also consider that it would be tooltip dps increaase even when its not as high dps as your other bow if the crit chance mod is added to it.

Im not an crafter but this is just my oppinion so do as you please with it :D

Oops, sorry, thats indeed TIER 1 DAMAGE. My mistake. Anyway if it will be ~360 DPS as someone calculated, it will probably worth it.
If you don't have enough currency getting Tyrannical is actually quite useless because you will waste it. Better just sell it when you get a Tyrannical. And spend that money in crafting other one.

Also you don't really need Tyrannical for multi-mod crafting, T1 Hybrid basically does the same thing.

I always try to regal after a good prefix(t1-t2 hybrid/t1-t2 flat) because the odds of getting 3 useful roll with Aug+Regal method is just too slim.

Let's say you didn't multimod that and just added flat phys, and let's say you got the top roll, that would mean;

[((((34+18)+(89+31))/2)*1.2)*2.77] = Around 285PDPS

Assuming it's 20 quality. Quite low PDPS. But it is still better than your current bow as PDPS wise and CC wise. So I suggest just adding flat phys and don't multimod.
Nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
Last edited by rockmassif on Mar 30, 2015, 6:04:44 AM
Thanks for the helpful posts, all! Greatly appreciated :) I won't multimod it and just add the flat dmg increase to it.

FYI it's ilevel 73; the are minimum to get tyrannical.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info