Path of Exile, 478 Hours Later

I've played a TON of Path of Exile, and I really do love the game. The concept/make of the passive skill tree is my favourite thing, as well as the chance of loot that drops. My favourite thing to do is play Hardcore. One death and you're back to standard excites me. However, here's where I'm willing to put those 478 hours behind me. I know many will read this and pass it off as a QQ post, but regardless, this is a feedback thread, and here's my feedback:

1. Uniques. Some of them are actually just plain bad. There's nothing more exciting than a unique dropping at high level, and it turn out to be one of the low level ones that no one uses. Uniques should be just like rares, but slightly higher, with an added ability or such.

2. Out Of Sync. While I've learned to play around it, it does get annoying. I haven't died to OOS in quite a long time. But it's been so long, and it's something that really needs fixed.

3. Hardcore Deaths Beyond Your Control. No restorations, no exceptions. Here's my QQ part. I spent all week leveling up my HC Torment/Bloodlines character trying to complete achievements. I got a character to one of the highest levels I've ever been, 73. The servers disconnect me while we were about to do a map, but no big deal we all thought. We all join the group and begin a map. It lags, I can't chug my potions, and I see my character die in slow motion. Sad. I'm not willing to put in another week to get back to where I was, and the armour set for completing the challenges was something I was very excited to do.

So, briefly, those are my top 3 beefs, which all could be solved. The HC deaths during server issues could be easily solved by writing a script and running it when you verify the server lagged everyone and caused deaths. Regardless, I understand protocol/procedure, and I played the game knowing this. But I can't bring myself to continue playing, putting in hours to get where I was, just for the server to kill me and nothing I can do to control it. I hope you'll consider my post, and review those 3 with your "higher-ups" and see if, in the future, things can change for the better.

Thank you.
Last edited by shadedxenic on Mar 29, 2015, 10:03:17 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.

"
1. Uniques. Some of them are actually just plain bad. There's nothing more exciting than a unique dropping at high level, and it turn out to be one of the low level ones that no one uses. Uniques should be just like rares, but slightly higher, with an added ability or such.

That goes against the game design of unqiues, the best items in the game (in general) are rares, not unqiues.

"
2. Out Of Sync. While I've learned to play around it, it does get annoying. I haven't died to OOS in quite a long time. But it's been so long, and it's something that really needs fixed.

Check out this thread, says all that is necessary about oos. http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/889669

"
3. Hardcore Deaths Beyond Your Control. No restorations, no exceptions. Here's my QQ part. I spent all week leveling up my HC Torment/Bloodlines character trying to complete achievements. I got a character to one of the highest levels I've ever been, 73. The servers disconnect me while we were about to do a map, but no big deal we all thought. We all join the group and begin a map. It lags, I can't chug my potions, and I see my character die in slow motion. Sad. I'm not willing to put in another week to get back to where I was, and the armour set for completing the challenges was something I was very excited to do.

Thats hardcore, the amount of deaths that are truly and 100% out of your control are so very few that it shouldn't affect you. What you just described seems like an issue with your ISP dropping packets rather then a clean disconnect or server related problem. I don't know exactly when you had the issue, but I can reassure you that PoE has very little server related issues.

"
So, briefly, those are my top 3 beefs, which all could be solved.

Except some of these things you mention are intentional, specifically 1-2, hell even #3 is a bit (deaths part at least)

So you'll have to add more onto why you think it needs changed.

"
The HC deaths during server issues could be easily solved by writing a script and running it when you verify the server lagged everyone and caused deaths.

Are you suggesting restoring lost characters on a script because what you believe was a server related issue occurred?

https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
shadedxenic wrote:
I've played a TON of Path of Exile, and I really do love the game. The concept/make of the passive skill tree is my favourite thing, as well as the chance of loot that drops. My favourite thing to do is play Hardcore. One death and you're back to standard excites me. However, here's where I'm willing to put those 478 hours behind me. I know many will read this and pass it off as a QQ post, but regardless, this is a feedback thread, and here's my feedback:

We're not that bad... all the time. :D All your complaints might be legit, but they also may be coming from misunderstandings, so let me explain:

"

There are, actually, VERY few uniques that are straight out bad - and by few I mean like 3-4 from over 250! Low level uniques are are REALLY useful early, for leveling. In hardcore leagues, they are worth more, because if you die early, you'd have to get another one. Also, rerolling in hardcore is more likely... :P From these totally useless uniques - Veil of the Night. But overall... the more I play, the more uniques I find useful, in various moments of game.
And what goetzjam said - unique items are not supposed to be the best items you hunt for. Rares should always be better (given that you can find that godly rare). Some uniques are "build enablers", others work very well at the end-game, but none SHOULD not be straight out better than rares. That is GGG's policy on uniques. And this is for the good reason, because if uniques were the best, rares would be ignored for the most part, and if rares were ignored, blue items were to be ignored too (because they are used to craft rares).
With this policy all the item types and tiers have their uses. Even white items can be useful (6Link) - this makes it more interesting than everyone hunting for uniques. :)

"

There are cases when people confuse OOS with basic stuns. :P Yes, OOS is HUGE in PoE, and should be worked on, but in reality it is not as bad as people claim (it is still VERY bad).

"

Sorry for you loss, but that was to be expected. If server has problems (which can also mean YOU can have connection problem), you don't go back in right away. :-@ I know that this should not be the case, but really, you could expect that to happen.
Every online game, that has some competitive element to it, that punishes you for stuff that you did not do in game. Someone gets DC in your team in ranked League of Legends game? No one cares, or will grant you "loss forgiven". Your PC exploded, your ISP cut off you internet? Same thing. I'd love to see that perfectly fair world, but I doubt we'll ever see it. :P
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Last edited by Perq on Mar 30, 2015, 4:31:41 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info