[1.3] Cyclone Facebreaker Build - Cheap and Tested!

Hi and welcome to a SamuraiSheep build guide; featuering this Facebreaking, Cycloning Scion (seen in the image above).

I have just finished the challanges in the 1M Torment/Bloodlines (SC) race.

I completed the league-challanges with this very cheap and very effective facebreaker build, which this guide further showcases.

Quick Build Overview:
Spoiler

PRO's and CON's:
Spoiler

PRO's:
+ Fun
+ Cheap
+ Effective (decent clear speed)
+ Only need 4 links to work well
+ Easy to Play
+ Can do ALL map mods (tested upto lvl 74 maps)
+ Perfect for a new league characters (and new players in general!)

CON's:
- Playstyle may become triviel for more experienced players

Passive tree leveling:

Gear (I used):
Spoiler

I have spend around 1 exalt (~30 chaos)on my gear, in total .

Helmet:
Spoiler

Gives alot of damage, but makes us weaker to physical damage.

Armor:
Spoiler

Lightning Coil combined with a Purity of Lightning, partly nullify the downside of the Abyssus helment.

Belt:
Spoiler

Perfect for this build.

Gloves:
Spoiler

Obvious!

Shield:
Spoiler

I used this one, which i found, but there are many other possible options for this slot. A cheap shield with +life and +%res is a good start.

Boots:
Spoiler

I would have liked to also have some movement speed on these boots..

Amulet:
Spoiler

Got many good and needed stats and much life leach, which keeps us alive while useing Vaal Pact.
(Note: Try go get one with 10% life leach)

Rings:
Spoiler

Nothing too special, +life and +%res and if you are able to find them with the additional mod of +#-# added physical damage, they would be perfect.

Essential Gem links:
Spoiler

Main attack:
Cyclone --> Blood Magic --> Faster Attacks --> Melee Physical Damage -> ...

Aura 1:
Hatred --> Purity of Lightning --> Tempest Shield --> Reduced Mana

Aura 2:
Herald of Ash --> Reduced Mana

CWDT-setup:
Cast When Damage Taken (lvl 7) --> Immortal Call (lvl 8) --> Enduring Cry (lvl 9) --> increased Duration (lvl Max)

Miscellaneous:
Vaal Cyclone
Vaal Haste
Blood Rage

Stats:
Spoiler

Offensive:
Spoiler

Defensive:
Spoiler

Last edited by SamuraiSheep on May 5, 2015, 2:45:07 PM
removed
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/913599 <--- mirror Thread
Last edited by PaladinSMD on Mar 31, 2015, 5:50:26 PM
If you have any questions, feel free to ask :D
Last edited by SamuraiSheep on Mar 31, 2015, 9:38:01 PM
can you post alternate item we can use or item to make it perfect end game item alternate gems where to put it
"
can you post alternate item we can use or item to make it perfect end game item alternate gems where to put it

Since i have only playtested this build to level 80 and with a low budget, and therefore have a limited hands-on experience with high-end items, I would say:

If you are looking into how to "perfect" this build, with the use of more expensive gear, I would refer you to: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/445390, which has a great "Gearing" part, covering different item slot options and how to optimise for different tasks. And another part describing different gem possibility, which you also a´may find useful.

If you on the other hand are looking to opt for a crazy DPS optimization, I would refer you to: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/993394.

Last edited by SamuraiSheep on Apr 3, 2015, 1:31:45 AM
thank you
Hi there !

I have a little question about the passive tree : it is normal that the 3 points in attack speed above Vaal Pact are removed from step 3 and 4?

Regards.
"
Sephaiel wrote:
Hi there !

I have a little question about the passive tree : it is normal that the 3 points in attack speed above Vaal Pact are removed from step 3 and 4?

Regards.

My mistake.. you should keep berserking. I have edited passive tree step 3 and 4.
Hey mate, what are your opinions on using Crest of Perandus, and then going max block? The block nodes aren't too far from the current tree. If I've calculated correctly, I should be able to hit around ~65 block without BoR, and I'll be block capped with it. What do you think about using BoR too?
IGN: CVRTIS

Low-Life? I prefer No-Life.
if i cannot find lightning coil and abyssus, what armor should i use instead of those?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info