Is there any way to get cash shop items without cash?

Hello, I'm an F2P player, at least on this account. There are two cash shop items that I want: the mummy skin for Raise Zombie and the statue skin for Summon Skeletons. While I can easily afford these, I want my account to remain completely F2P.

Is there a way to get cash shop items without paying for them? I know in TF2 there are F2P players with large collections of unusual hats (unusual quality is analogous to rare or unique quality in PoE). They built up their collection through networking, trading, participating in events, etc. One such F2P player, whose name escapes me right now, intentionally stayed F2P to show how far F2P players could get in TF2.

Thanks in advance for your replies.
Last bumped on Apr 9, 2017, 8:16:31 PM
You mean freeloader account, the entire game is F2P as it is. IF you dont want to buy anything then dont, nobody forces you.

You dont pay for bonus XP and some such nonsense in this game so what exactly are you getting at here?

Either pay up or dont, your choice but you are basically calling buying effects P2W and thats not the case.

Everyone in this game plays "F2P", no one plays with bonus stuff of any kind.
There is no stigma attached to the purchase of MTX/Points as they provide no advantage in game play. A very large portion of the revenue generated in order to maintain and continually develop the game is derived from the sale of MTX so giving away too much without investment of money by the player would be contrary to this business model.

In saying that, though, you can get 2 free armour sets by playing and completing the 1 Month SC/HC challenges leagues.

EDIT: Also, saying you can afford to support the game but choose not to but still want access to these items is a little... off? I'm not sure why but it kind of rubs me the wrong way :) Sorry.

EDIT 2: Also, Stash Tabs are pay 2 win.
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
Last edited by CaptainWaffleIron on Mar 29, 2015, 6:23:02 PM
"
"

In saying that, though, you can get 2 free armour sets by playing and completing the 1 Month SC/HC challenges leagues.

I'd hesitate to call those cash shop items.

I wasn't implying that, simply offering an alternative option :)

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

"
"
"

I'd hesitate to call those cash shop items.

I wasn't implying that, simply offering an alternative option :)

Good thinking, how could i forget about those?^^

But the OP seems to think the game is P2W because of the shop and im dry for over a week so yeah.
It would actually be a very good business decision to let players sell MTX effects to other players. This introduces a way for free players to feed the coffers indirectly.

I remember on one game that allowed players to sell their cash shop points and items I played the market and got rich with powerful gearing and all the MTX effects I desired. I never paid a penny in that game, but I had so many dollars worth of MTX stuff.

If they kept doing seasonal mystery boxes it would open up a whole different sort of economy, one that might actually interest me since I don't feel like playing stock market the game without that extra incentive.
The more More you have, the less Less matters
"
Avereth12 wrote:
It would actually be a very good business decision to let players sell MTX effects to other players. This introduces a way for free players to feed the coffers indirectly.

I remember on one game that allowed players to sell their cash shop points and items I played the market and got rich with powerful gearing and all the MTX effects I desired. I never paid a penny in that game, but I had so many dollars worth of MTX stuff.

If they kept doing seasonal mystery boxes it would open up a whole different sort of economy, one that might actually interest me since I don't feel like playing stock market the game without that extra incentive.

I'm going to disagree here, creating a legacy market for MTX effects no longer available would be a massive kick to the shins of people who have supported the game through a long period of time. It would encourage people to invest in the game not in an effort to support it, but on the hopes of "winning the lottery" and getting gear they can eBay for a grand.

That's not the ethical picture that I think GGG wants, and its not something I'd be comfortable supporting.

"
Avereth12 wrote:

The problem here is that players can then trade in-game items for MTX, which is essentially RMT. I have tons of coins, I could just buy up MTX and sell them to players for Exalted orbs. That is a problem.

While I agree that I wish I could gift MTX, it would open a huge can of worms.
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
OP: I'm going to make a post and see how many pages it can get.

+1
"

While I agree that I wish I could gift MTX, it would open a huge can of worms.

They do this, if you ask REALLY nicely - I got to give away some Koala pets this way. But I can see that offering it as a consistent service could be problematic.

I'm still miffed I couldn't give my GM slot to VictorDoom though :(

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info