Hard to find groups end game

It's really hard to find groups to do maps with end game. Since forsaken masters every one just sits in their hideout and farms solo maps, or already has a map group to run. But to find an actual group in the game is nearly impossible, and don't say just use chat because it doesn't work. Before forsaken masters it was easy to get a group just through the public board, but now it's not and everyone is just more secluded than before
Dynamic Environment - Day/Night, Rain/Lightning - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/110100

GGG's design philosophy in three words:
Quantity over Quality.
And the dark side of hideouts comes to light.
If enough people agreed with you, there wouldn't be a problem. Thing is... most people enjoy playing ARPGs solo and only grouping up for the bonuses.
SOLO4LIFEYEYEBOY
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Join a Guild, young padawan - or build your friends list up.

== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
I would never EVER again run PUG maps.

cons:
  • - People CONSTANTLY running off in different directions, wasting EXP.
  • - Leechers (No DPS, intentionally just tailing behind the group without contribution).
  • - Nearly every map someone has to AFK or just leaves, which makes the leader replace one guy.
  • - Everyone is fast as lightning when you open HighLvL map groups. Somehow noone is fast when it comes to sharing costs of rolling maps in PUGs.
  • - Builds Like COC or Mjölnir dropping FPS and making fighting impossible because of skillspam.

pros:

???

Yeah, never again.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1158669

Cyclone MARA Beginners and Advanced Guide.
Last edited by Vincendra on Mar 29, 2015, 4:04:06 PM
if half of the people who play Path of trade would map, well...

...your mom told ur, everything has it`s price ? pass me ur mom`s phone number^^
Capitalism has no problems, it is the problem Ò_ó
grouping is just not rewarding enough than it was in D2 for example :D D2 grouping was better, Player benefit more from grouping with huge Exp bonus and with some builds you even got more dmg in group, necro curse, Pala auras, etc :P And, Mapping with more Players dont feel rewarding enough, iam selling much stuff and looting a lot, with 6 Players you have only 1Portal for yourself, and the inventory space sucks. Although i think iam much faster killing stuff than in a group. So most players who want to group up only want to leech ep, your braindead follow and press Rmousebutton from save distance, or leech Quests to lvl faster ( that is what iam mostly doing, quest, look group board, join get the quest leave, next group)

Best example are bandits, you have to wait for hours till everyone is there, than someone wants to help/kill and it takes loots of time :D grouping just sucks in PoE you only can group up with 1-2 other guildies/friends to save maps, thats it.
"
Vincendra wrote:
snip

cons:
  • - People CONSTANTLY running off in different directions, wasting EXP. * Sometimes the map owner is really bad and randomly goes in directions but I follow the map owner around.
  • - Leechers (No DPS, intentionally just tailing behind the group without contribution). * Some players are geared towards MF and not insanely glass cannon dps
  • - Nearly every map someone has to AFK or just leaves, which makes the leader replace one guy. * I have yet to see someone go afk, I have seen people leave for various reasons.
  • - Everyone is fast as lightning when you open HighLvL map groups. Somehow noone is fast when it comes to sharing costs of rolling maps in PUGs. * I have yet to be asked to donate orbs to craft maps, I have been asked to donate maps, which I have done but will likely not do as map owner will not share the map drops.
  • - Builds Like COC or Mjölnir dropping FPS and making fighting impossible because of skillspam. * I rarely run into those as the PUGs I join usually say no COC or Mjölnir

pros(which you forgot all about about):
  • - more exp
  • - more loot
"
StaticSys wrote:

pros(which you forgot all about about):
  • - more exp
  • - more loot

It's not THAT much xp to be honest considering you take more time to clean the maps, I found myself grinding more solo than PUG because i'm more efficient.

Second reason is wrong, yes more loot drop but it splitted with all your party. When you are alone, you get ALL the loot.

Right now there is (sadly) no reason to group at all.
Last edited by IceDeal on Mar 29, 2015, 5:27:19 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info