Blood Magic Fire Caster Marauder - Viable?

Marauder Blood Magic Fire Caster Build

So after watching one of Cromar's videos on a blood magic fire Witch, I've been tinkering with the tree to see how possible it'd be to pull off a similar build with a Marauder and the link above is the result so far.

The pros that I see from it are that you'd be incredibly tanky with a crapton of life and very high life regeneration. I have no idea whether or not it'd actually work because you don't pick up that many Intelligence nodes along the way, so you'd be heavily reliant on gear-based intelligence to achieve any level of success. The build also doesn't have a massive amount of resistances in them, but is a little flexible with regards to that.

I also don't know how you'd go about levelling such a character until you got to the point of Blood Magic. I'd imagine a fairly standard ground slam/sweep/infernal blow build would do the job, possibly even picking up Resolute Technique on the first playthrough.

I also don't know what sort of gear you should focus on as this kind of character, whether it be Witch gear, tanky Marauder gear or Templar gear for a mix of both. I realise it's harder to get caster stats on Marauder gear, so I'm guessing Templar gear would be the good middle ground.

Anyone got any feedback/thoughts/suggestions?
100 views and no comments? Is it really that bad? :P
Didnt see cromar's vid but i'm guessing the build would feature the iron will gem where strength = spell damage? Also from a quick look a the passive tree it seems you are right in that most of the intel requirements would have to come from gear which will be very difficult to achieve.

Overall it sounds like a very hard spec to make work.
Yeah this build seems to have some serious gear dependency for intelligence.

Not sure, but aren't Energy Shield armors more likely to roll intelligence bonuses? So you've got a double problem. The most likely euipment to give you bonus INT requires you have enough INT to put them on.

You'll need a set of INT jewelry most likely so you don't have to deal with this as often.
Last edited by Einsieg on Feb 10, 2013, 5:44:54 AM
U do it wrong!

These is no reason to pick blood magic ever (in skill tree!)

Try this.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAxthYY1BQjM_2SF8_VEnnUu8Oud3Uj_IvGS4n7dlhxPZXDT0Pkc7SISSLu-2ezXy7pzA62MWKFCAUcfAfUEcGDgSzogADxmP9FE0Ccf0LJa0J9uw4GjinhJBVKU_kIhpsGYUkqjbp42qdrhJpFxxxeacI2CQ2xTbY8WzsVYgb74WXhSqNHwKcLYdlr7dJG49G0NDPZVXGFm8VUIKbLdKfPtR852p65riTDH0Qf8ae

Buy 2handed unique fire staff. Care for itemlevel > 50.

Buy Purity. Buy Determination. Buy Vitality Aura. Buy Reduced Mana Cost. Use all three auras with reduced manacost at ~lvl 50.

Buy 20%Fireball and use it in Staff.

Buy Chance to Ignite, Lifeleech, blood magic, Greater Multiple Projectiles + Fast Projectiles + Elemental Profileration.

Use them all linked in staff and watch fireball doing havoc.

Buy Molten shell and put in 6th socket of staff and watch it crit for 125151236236 Damage.

Buy Enduring Cry if u play HC like me :-P

Not testet yet, still level 12 but i make this work ^^
Last edited by Supp0rtguy on Feb 10, 2013, 7:01:38 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info