How many times you died from disconnect in POE?

Well,i lost 3 chars from DC in my POE career,last two in 1month HC.I'm playing on EU server.Classic scenario,you're playing,suddenly mobs stop moveing,you try to exit to log in screen but you cant,you alt f4,log in and you are in standard.You guys?

Edit:This is not whineing thread,i dont give a damn about loseing character in videogames(ok,maybe i'm little upset for half hour when i rip from something that isnt my fault lol),i'm just curios.

Edit2:If i'm not wrong,when situation from above happens(you're playing,mobs stop moveing,you can move but nothing is happening on screen),even if you alt f4,you still will be in game for 6 seconds and if it's freshly created instance,even longer for like 20-30 seconds.Am i correct?

Edit3:I was browsing tech forum here and some threads on reddit,many ppl from EU are reporting deaths from disconnects/lags last few days.
Last edited by And1111 on Mar 29, 2015, 1:34:45 PM
My second char ever died due to discon at sins 1. Apparently when making a new instance, your character cant automatically leave for like 45 seconds, it was very tanky too. Felt real bad, put all my currency into it.
Besides that only one other that I can remember, game crashed when facing that vaal boss that spams fireballs when my fire res was 30-50. RIP
Oblivious
This actually JUST happened to me about an hour ago, except it was different. The mobs didnt stop moving-i was just instantly disconnected and on the login screen. So i log in, and my character is in standard. My character was lvl 75 and in a 66 map (Arsenal) and id just walked up to a rare vaal fallen-I had FULL HP when i got randomly disconnected... and yes im still upset! This was on the US gateway. Im having days where im disconnecting randomly once per hour and this one just happened to be at a horrible time. Im through with this league and probably all future HC leagues. Its just a waste of time when this happens. I feel your pain!

RIP

Last edited by awave on Mar 30, 2015, 12:38:30 AM
"
FadeXF wrote:
"
And1111 wrote:
Well,i lost 3 chars from DC in my POE career,last two in 1month HC.I'm playing on EU server.You guys?
Edit:This is not whineing thread,i dont give a damn about loseing character in videogames(ok,maybe i'm little upset for half hour when i rip from something that isnt my fault lol),i'm just curios.

I've lost track in the last several years. The last 1.5 years it's gotten better for me because I've given up trying to make melee characters. Also every single one of my characters has a set up that includes

for opening strongboxes - all range attackers to destroy things before they even get to me.

You basically have to build and play with the knowledge at some stage no matter how hard you try to avoid it, you will desync - as such you basically need to build as though you are going to get hit by 5 mobs for 3 seconds - and if you cannot survive that then your build isn't robust enough.

Yeah i know,i never died from desync in POE,all my endgame chars in HC are tanky enough to survive random desyncs.My problem are disconects.If i'm not wrong,when situation from above happens(you playing,mobs stop moveing),even if you alt f4 from game,your char will still be in game for 6 seconds,and if it is a fresh instance even longer,like 20 or 30 seconds.Is this true?I lost my 2 chars in 1M upon freshly created instances.For example,my last char.I created new instance in Old fields in cruel.I entered the zone and there were no mobs around me but i heard little monkeys and ghost are near,i saw flat line at my latency meter,i tried to logout but without succes,so i alt f4.When i loged in again,my char was in standard.
Last edited by And1111 on Mar 29, 2015, 10:18:54 AM
Never, because i dont play on a commodore.

I think you should upgrade from this:

To this:

"

To this:

Wow,I always thought that my old commodore is good enough to run POE at max settings.I will upgrade it to new PC and grandma immediatly.Thanks for quality advice as always Dirk.
Last edited by And1111 on Mar 29, 2015, 10:42:22 AM
"

To this:

because desync/disconnects totally have a lot to do with how powerful the pc is...
I have never died due to disconnect
I dont see any any key!
An unexpected disconnection has occured leads to my death at least once per league.
I take it as a way of the game telling me that i have survived long enough and should reroll or take a break from the game.
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
Never died from it... probably have only had 4-5 disconnects in 2 years of play.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info