i was very disappointed in december and still i am

i did quit in december after the 100000000000000000000000th nerf i sold many items but not everything.
i decided to play again 1 week ago because i LIKE the game even if HATE how the balance has been managed.

i decided to play a cyclone herald of ash build, completed it and reached 90k dps unbuffed with these items ( IIQ gem in the empty socket of the chest )

then i thought i could rebuild again the low life spectral throw i used to play back the last year, i thought it shouldn't be difficult to reach 45k dps with gmp with COE and a spell dmg shield and maligaro gloves, since i was dealing 45k dps without any spell dmg from the shield and no maligaro( i was using a rare circlet with mf ).

this is the gear, and i'm dealing only 33k dps GMP with 7 auras at lvl 96

tree

so where is the balance here? the actual state of the game is the most unbalanced ever, i bought the last piece to play again a spectral throw 2 hours ago ( crown of eyes ), i was very excited, but now after 3 maps im allready thinking to quit this game again
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Now that's a first world problem lol.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Obv you can't have both MF and insane clear speed at the same time after multiple nerfs of ST :) Seems balanced to me ;)
You are obviously bored by your GG mirrored legacy perfectly vaaled stuff, that's the real problem :p

Play in current 1-months. Balance level fun over 9000!
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Mar 29, 2015, 7:39:25 AM
You're playing it all wrong. Clearly you need to give me your items and I will actually enjoy using them for you :)
Ah, this makes me remember some rich people in US that preach about small government because it's imperfect regulating things. They should accept regulations.

Yes, GGG sucks at balance sometimes. It doesn't mean your opinion about nerfs to control the max power you can get are not misguided. You should accept nerfs.

Also, you are using MF gear. If that doesn't diminish your DPS (that it's still insane, you can oneshot lots of things with that)...

As someone else said, first world problems.

PS: This is one of the consequences of making the game casual for those who have expensive gear. The difference in power makes the balance of the game stupid.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
Last edited by NeroNoah on Mar 29, 2015, 4:43:28 PM
I'll +1 the "Join the 1Month" - I'm poor as shit but having a blast :)

I doubt that ST is going to get any stronger come Act 4, GGG seems to have realised the error they made in turning Melee into ranged and have done a huge amount of "correcting" that. Plus Chris has strongly hinted in the last Q&A that there will be significant improvements in melee.

Might be worthwhile speccing your LLST into Reave? :)
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
FYI, crown of eyes doesn't make the 30% more spell damage of pain attunement apply to melee anymore. It only works with additive increases to spell damage. Also, GMP is obviously gonna lower your DPS, especially with a skill that can't shotgun. As mentioned, you can very easy switch to reave or have both so reave is your main and ST a long range skill.

BTW, lol.
IGN: Asser, AssDelver, Assphobic, AnointedAss, BetrayedByMyAss, CrackedAss, FracturedAss, FulcrumedUpMyAss, ImpaledAss, IncursionOfTheAss, WarForTheAss, UnleashTheAss, ScreamingAsshole, SwampAssKing, Yui
Last edited by Wooser69 on Mar 29, 2015, 4:39:10 PM
This post is hilarious. Well done.
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
Last edited by CliveHowlitzer on Mar 29, 2015, 5:43:12 PM
So, your complaint is that the glass cannon melee build (using Abyssus, clearly choosing damage over survival clearly), is doing more damage than the ranged character running seven auras?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info