So Dominus + trying to play necro = impossible

So don't usually care to complain on forums, but this kinda of yerked me, after trying to kill dominus with my necro scion that I'm trying to enjoy because I really liked necro from d2, I find my self at a loss as it feels like this game is pretty much forcing me to play one of two types, tanky bruiser type or high dps ranged type, which unfortunately for me trying to play a necro it does not fall into these catagories.

Ive been attempting to take on ascended Domunis for a good hour now and have come to the conclusion that it is not worth my time leveling my "necro" character any further as minions and my necro melt like butter.

Just curious if anyone has seen basically play this type of character or prepare for imminent failure moment.
Last bumped on May 18, 2016, 8:48:58 AM
Some bosses you want to avoid, it's the same on almost evey build.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Dominus - as just about any other boss - is actually easy with a Summoner.
AI is bad so he can't focus on so many targets all at once, especially in the 2nd (3rd?) phase where you can minion-zerg him.

a few tips:

1) Spell Totem + Summon Skeletons. skellies die quickly, but the totem summons lots of them and keeps summoning. many targets = putting pressure on the boss.

2) buff your "DPS-minions" constantly. Bone Offering and Flesh Offering make your Zombies and hard-hitting Specters, relentless killing machines.

3) use an attack skill that helps your minions. Freezing stuff with Ice Spears/Cold Snaps/Pulses, shocking them with Arc... your hard hitters will thank you each time you use those.

4) should be #1 but meh: Desecrate. free corpses without needing to kill Dominus' goons all by yourself. free Chaos Damage. free Offerings. free Detonate Dead to blow up Dominus' minions.
spam it like no tomorrow.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last edited by johnKeys on Mar 29, 2015, 6:06:23 AM
summoner is not a beginner build

the key to win this fight on lowlvl is spectres (3) and the upkeep of your army zombies/skeles all the time to keep him busy so the spectre can dps
https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53
Summoners are totally viable for leveling and late game. Maybe have a look at some SRS Summoner builds to get you started ;)
Path of Exile - the game of eternity.
"
OmniUno wrote:
Summoners are totally viable for leveling and late game. Maybe have a look at some SRS Summoner builds to get you started ;)

This. SRS is one of the most fun builds I have played in POE. They're really powerful and cheap as well. Just get your hands on a 5L Searing Touch and you'll be good to go!
If you were unable to defeat dominus you're doing it wrong because countless players have killed him with summoner builds.

Also the title of this thread is kinda silly, no offense but it's quite arrogant to assume that something isn't viable because you personally haven't succeeded in it.
IGN: Ghost_Prototype (100 Shadow - Std)
Remember The Name - Endgame mapping guild. Thread - #1196726
Did it be4,
not as cutting through melting butter as other chars, but there have been harder encounters on other builds.
Skele Totem + Flesh Offering makes dominus ez

...Or just run a SRS build and kill uber atrizi
To Do List:
-Add Better Minion Supports
-Add More Permanent Minions
GoreFleshSummoner | Low Life Zombie n' Specter Summoner
Summoner Gear: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1633760
Last edited by Enzari on Mar 29, 2015, 7:10:01 AM
Just stand at the edge of his aura thing and keep summons up with desecrate. Win.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info