Welp, died for the first time.

"

Thats what we got 24 char slots for. Rerolling is fun. :)

Always remember you can stick to the edge of dominus' aura to not get the stacks. And I think the dailys get higher lvls as the master lvls. Except for when you find them in a zone, then its usually zone lvl.

I deleted the second guy, i actually don't mind rerolling, i have at least 4 other builds in mind besides the one i currently main (Reave/Dual Strike Claw Shadow) but i'd love to finish the challenges in the 1 month league and dying from not knowing that kind of stuff sets me back :<. At least i'm almost done with one part (30/40 encounters). Want to work on the quest one too.

Your explaination would make sense because i ran into the Loremaster guy in mud flats and completed his quest no problem, yet i tried to do another quest from my hideout and died instantly lol, my Masters are all around level 3. Any which levels it means monsters are in there? I really just thought the difficulty of them was rather dynamic like...in a game that shall not be named.
"
GrieverZ wrote:
"

Thats what we got 24 char slots for. Rerolling is fun. :)

Always remember you can stick to the edge of dominus' aura to not get the stacks. And I think the dailys get higher lvls as the master lvls. Except for when you find them in a zone, then its usually zone lvl.

I deleted the second guy, i actually don't mind rerolling, i have at least 4 other builds in mind besides the one i currently main (Reave/Dual Strike Claw Shadow) but i'd love to finish the challenges in the 1 month league and dying from not knowing that kind of stuff sets me back :<. At least i'm almost done with one part (30/40 encounters). Want to work on the quest one too.

Your explaination would make sense because i ran into the Loremaster guy in mud flats and completed his quest no problem, yet i tried to do another quest from my hideout and died instantly lol, my Masters are all around level 3. Any which levels it means monsters are in there? I really just thought the difficulty of them was rather dynamic like...in a game that shall not be named.

You got 3 more weeks tho and you were in your 40s already so with more knowledge comes the chance of getting to lvl 80 eventually. Im lvl 30 or so atm and cant be bothered playing but i know i can get back into it easy as its so much time still.

Good luck on getting there. :)
"
johnKeys wrote:
Blood Rain isn't straightforward, and that's a problem.

I see it as a virtue, not a problem. Too many games hold your hand through every single problem you might encounter. God forbid you might actually make a mistake that has real consequences :P
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
johnKeys wrote:

I see it as a virtue, not a problem. Too many games hold your hand through every single problem you might encounter. God forbid you might actually make a mistake that has real consequences :P

Same reason why i dont think they should change or remove that P link mod, it was tactical, not OP and it wasnt that hard to get around, but players dont want to adapt to games, they want games to adapt to them. Yeah, remove blood rain and remove vaal smash and remove merveils second form, also remove pietys 2 forms.
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
johnKeys wrote:

there's a difference, between holding hands and providing actual information, Xav.
during the Blood Rain, a player isn't given an accurate hint what needs to be done.

I even argue the player is given wrong information because that bubble on Dominus just looks like a bigger version of Undying bubbles.
at least there should be a different color to it or something, so the player can go "hmm never saw that before. I wonder what happens if I stand there".
right now, it says "this protects Dominus from projectiles shot from outside", instead of "saying" what it needs to.

to put that in simple words: a fair game mechanic gives real time "you are making a mistake" feedback to the player. the player can ignore/miss it, and suffer the consequences.
an unfair game mechanic kills the player first, and only then goes "you made a mistake".
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
"
johnKeys wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
johnKeys wrote:

there's a difference, between holding hands and providing actual information, Xav.
during the Blood Rain, a player isn't given an accurate hint what needs to be done.

I even argue the player is given wrong information because that bubble on Dominus just looks like a bigger version of Undying bubbles.
at least there should be a different color to it or something, so the player can go "hmm never saw that before. I wonder what happens if I stand there".
right now, it says "this protects Dominus from projectiles shot from outside", instead of "saying" what it needs to.

to put that in simple words: a fair game mechanic gives real time "you are making a mistake" feedback to the player. the player can ignore/miss it, and suffer the consequences.
an unfair game mechanic kills the player first, and only then goes "you made a mistake".

The aura is there and its big and bright and usually the player starts close enough in the battle or might run through it by accident so its a discover once and never worry again thing.
"

The aura is there and its big and bright and usually the player starts close enough in the battle or might run through it by accident so its a discover once and never worry again thing.

false. especially if playing ranged.
Dominus is big, red, angry, and swings wildly with Puncture Stacks.
the last thing you'd think of as ranged, is getting close to him.

and again, the bubble looks just like a Proximity Shield. some ranged players tend to just wait a Proximity Shield out instead of running in and shooting from inside.
the bubble should not look like a Proximity Shield.
it should look like "you should try standing here" Shield.
"
johnKeys wrote:
"

false. especially if playing ranged.
Dominus is big, red, angry, and swings wildly with Puncture Stacks.
the last thing you'd think of as ranged, is getting close to him.

and again, the bubble looks just like a Proximity Shield. some ranged players tend to just wait a Proximity Shield out instead of running in and shooting from inside.
the bubble should not look like a Proximity Shield.
it should look like "you should try standing here" Shield.

And what does that look like? A Big text on the screen flashing "get inside the ring to not get blood stacks"?

Once known its a dead issue. Only in GD could people make a fuzz about this.
"

And what does that look like?

how about something similar to what a glass window/dome looks like, on a rainy day?
red of course, because the rain is red.

or how about "anything but a 'bigger Proximity Shield'"?

come on man.

and people who died to this crap at the start (including myself), when the rain would kill you in seconds - were not amused. nor did they have any idea what to do.
the first time I actually entered the bubble and found out it protects from the rain, was when I played melee against Dominus. it wasn't a "hmm maybe I should get in there when rain" moment. it was "me melee. me tank".

this isn't a fair mechanic.
Storm Call/Flameblast "move or die" is a fair mechanic.
Vaal Slam "incoming giant rock" is a fair mechanic.
Blood Rain "I'm bleeding from an unavoidable source, and Dominus is just a big Undying Evangelist", is not a fair mechanic.
Last edited by johnKeys on Mar 29, 2015, 9:31:08 AM
Well actually, Undying shields make you go into them so that you can kill them - same with Dom shield.

And @OP, I have some levelling uniques if you need (PM me on race if I'm on)
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
Last edited by Chundadragon on Mar 29, 2015, 9:45:58 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info