Shock Nova -> Ele Prolif -> Lightning Pen -> Spell Echo
Reduced Mana -> Herald of Ice -> Herald of Thunder -> Clarity
Lightning Tendrils -> Faster Casting -> Lightning Pen -> Concentrated Effect
Vaal Storm Call -> Spell Echo -> Lightning Pen
Faster Casting -> Enduring Cry -> Assassins Mark
Cast When Damage Taken -> Immortal Call -> Warlods Mark -> Increased Duration

Three Dragons is Manditory
Spoiler
The disadvantage to Shock Nova is the Dead Zone so by using Three dragons you convert your freeze chance to be applied to lightning and mobs do not run past the Dead Zone of your skill.

Why not Ice Nova/Tendrils/Totems/Cold Snap etc?
Spoiler
The Dead Zone is specifically an advantage. By having a controlled Dead Zone you can effectively place frozen proliferating mobs and use Tendrils to attack more difficult mobs without being threatened.

Secondly Freeze is based off the damage of the hit. Ice nova has a top end at level 20 of 289 where Shock Nova is 656, this allows for a massive increase in freeze duration potential while only destroying the amount of mobs you want, Ice Nova lacks this form of control.

-reserve-
Am I dreaming ?
Is this really a viable Shock Nova build ?
Something must be done...
I am a little confused by the dead zone.
What does this really mean?
Does dead zone mean the area that the skill covers?
A nova have a area 360 degree round the caster while lightning tendrils for example has a cone in front of the caster.

Do i really need a tree dragons helmet or can i use any skill that can do as large cold damage as possible?
Can i use another skill than shock nova, for example a melee skill and use some conversion mecanic to convert whole or a part of the damage to cold?
This way the cold damage could be huge compared to ice nove or shock nova.

The reason for asking this is i want to do a build that uses the freeze mecanic while generating charges.
When the mobs are frozen i want detonate my fully gererated charges.
If possible also combine this with your latest project, Low Life without shavs or solaris lorica.

I have several chars on standard with full respec points from past leagues so this is a good oppertunity to test things like this.

What do you think of the idea to combine the long freeze mecanic with a disharger and maybee even low life?
Is it worth a try?

The chars i have avaliable with full respec points are Ranger, Shadow and Witch.

/Mateo
Thoughts on this build for 2.0? With the proliferation nerf, what do you think?
GGG listens to its fans!!! Thank you!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info