My 1M HC Build, Looking for help or advice. :P

Hello, so this is my first serious foray into HC because the day I saw that announcement I wanted that MTX set so badly. As such, I won't have much of an idea with the specifics as how to proceed; I mean, I know to get a lot of health nodes, take it slow, overgear, and pay attention (not really good at that last one) , but I'm rambling so I'll go on with my build.

I decided to go Crit Trap, since I haven't levelled a trap build extensively.

Here's my current tree, aiming mostly for life and crit/spellcrit nodes, with damaging nodes as the last priority.

My final tree, with my final gear not really important aside from Cloak of Defiance, which is kinda important.
notes on my final tree
as you'll notice, MoM is four points from my final tree, and I can put off getting more dps nodes for that, then substituting Cloak of Defiance for Carcass Jack. Altneratively, I can keep CoD but instead of the damage nodes I took in my final tree, I'd focus on Trap throw speed instead. I can also get EE, though I'd like to be a bit trap node focused. I'll probably get it in later levels.
Final Gemlinks are:

Fire Trap - Fire Pen - Conc - inc AoE - ICD -Inc Burning
Coldsnap - Trap - Coldpen - Ele Prolif
Arc - Trap - Multitrap -Lit Pen - (Crit Strikes)tentative Deerskin config
CWDT - Frost Wall -Summon Skellies - Temporal Chains(Selfcast)
Whirlyblades - FA - Enhance
Conversion Trap -Multitrap - Inc duration (Jaws of Agony Tentative)
My current gear isn't really important, but in case

Now, questions and notes:

-Fire trap is my main skill. Fire trap is currently outstripped in dps by both my Coldsnap trap and my Arc Multitrap. why is this so? is the scaling for FT bad at lower levels? will it get stronger, or should I switch?

-Arc Multitrap is INCREDIBLY GOOD. usng a 3L, can decimate large groups of packs. needs a sunblast for full effectivenss though. Then again, I'm at normal difficulty.

-I do not know the speed at which I should be progressing. I know people will say 'do it at your own pace', but damn, even with my cassul level playing schedule right now, I'm only at A3 normal. feels like I should be in A2 Cruel by now. is this just me playing too much HC or is it what it is?

-Finally, to the most important issue: Mana. Acrobatics reduces the effectiveness of EB, but I've always planned to get Mana regen on my rings. will I be able to sustain the massive amount of traps I'm throwing, considering that I don't run any auras but will run MoM virtue of CoD/keystone? is AA still possible? or should I just ditch MoM/CoD/AA altogether and just go with full on dps with Carcass and damage nodes?

General advice on gemlinks, gear and tree really appreciated. if there's anything I missed or something else I forgot to add, lemme know. thanks for the help in advance :D
Better stay in the land of the damned, Exile. Here, even the very words are corrupted by Nightmare.
Last edited by enveratise on Mar 28, 2015, 3:16:28 PM
OH MY FUCKING GOD. I RIPPED AND I DON'T KNOW HOW. I logged out in town. I fucking logged out in town. gah. :( my Deerstalkers no.

I just noticed I ripped when I saw that the gear I linked was in standard league wtf.

My build still stands. my gear of course, is now an example. my questions are still relevant.

but holy fucking hell, I still don't know HOW the hell i ripped.
Better stay in the land of the damned, Exile. Here, even the very words are corrupted by Nightmare.
Last edited by enveratise on Mar 28, 2015, 3:26:46 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info