(1.3) Pain and Punishment Scion

Hello all and welcome to my guide for the pain and punishment Scion, so let's get right into it shall we?

Spoiler

As you can see this build is built around taking physical damage and reflecting it back toward your enemy. The skill tree makes use of the Scion's starting area which has both life and resists for early survivability, as we level we take max life, armour and life regen whilst heading toward the reduced mana cluster in the far left corner, this then allows us to start stacking auras which will form most of our wave clear and dps. Be sure to take the nodes which give % to freeze shock and ignite.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAADF8UIBSOFSAWbxcvFz4ZtBo4Gj4cpxznJy8oKikuKaUqTSzpMZ4x-zSONdY64TwtPydBh0UKRtdHfkrITP9OKlBHU6VVqVXWW69fP2TnZU1mnmebaPJqAWoeajtr2XGFcql343k5fEt8uH7if-OApIKbguSE2YY7iq-LT5ARkFWWdJd5l7SaO6IApleuPq9ssUK3Pr02vqe-vMAawHbEFcT2xq7K09i92rndDeFz42rkUew47w7wH_Iv8kXzEfTG-ej60v4K

Once we have taken the upper left we want to head to the unyielding node to give us reduced damage from critical strikes and then head down to grab more resists and life regen along with damage nodes.
At this point we head straight to the right of where we began and head down to iron reflexes, this will allow us to use the holy Bramble Jack whilst keeping our head attached. (hehe)

Defence is still key to this build and I honestly love it, this is how I plan my tree to be at level 100 with all 120 skill points. (yes I killed the bandits all three times, don't judge me this is my build and it works)

I'm normally a solo player and this build does well on its own but it really shines in a party, it'll be even better when they release the new taunt skill. So far I have 5 auras that I run, Hatred, Tempest shield and all three Heralds. It's pretty decent dps and good survivability but I would say this is a standard build not hardcore viable unless in a party. A few last words, it does need a high physical damage mace to work well, static strike plays a huge role in your attack and survival and there is still and issue of desync with shield charge so escaping with it isn't too reliable. Last but not least I'm planning on replacing the mana leech linked to herald of thunder and tempest shield with culling strike to make wave clear faster.
If I had enough time or enough currency I would also buy the Taming Prismatic ring, which would make my attack skyrocket and godly O_O but that's the only thing I would like to change, which would also free up some passives.

Pros
Spoiler
.Fun to watch enemies kill themselves attacking you
.Great in parties with your abundance of auras
.fairly tanky
.Freezes, Shocks and ignites just about everything without the need to critical hit
.Blocks fairly often, even blocks spells

Spoiler
.Squishy if you don't get iron reflexes when using Bramble Jack
.Critical hits still hurt you more than them
.Doesn't do well in pvp
.Not cheap

Hope you enjoyed.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info