Up currency drops

No.

Printing more money would ruin the imaginary economy and then nothing would sell and the stock market would crash, hyperinflation, war, famine, destruction, game ded... :p
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
XIXIXIXIXIXIX wrote:
I am surprised people still play this game. What is there like 3,000 people left? lol.

There's one. That's all that matters to me.
Why would it be a good thing?

There would be a net gain of nothing unless people like throwing more RNG orbs on items to complain about how the RNG items suck.

IE: Now instead of 10 chaos orbs I have 20.

Now I can trade 20 orbs for 1 item that used to cost 10, or make 20 more RNG items or faceroll the game with all master crafted items + easy rolled maps.
Last edited by RagnarokChu on Mar 28, 2015, 1:03:43 PM
"
morbo wrote:
No.

Printing more money would ruin the imaginary economy and then nothing would sell and the stock market would crash, hyperinflation, war, famine, destruction, game ded... :p

I totally agree! Inflation is already a bitch in the permanent leagues. I quit for months. When I played last chaos was 30:1 ex and ex was 170:1 mirror. Now chaos is 38:1 ex and ex is 185:1 mirror.

Mirrors went from being worth 5,100 chaos to being worth 7,030 chaos in only 3 months time =/
Creator of the Praxis ring.
Want to stop power creep? Gut crit chance and crit multi.
Last edited by Fluffy_Puppies on Mar 28, 2015, 1:58:07 PM
The reason orbs have value is that some people use gobs of them to craft with... and are willing to trade for them. Raising their drop rates wouldn't do much to the economy except decrease this value. You'd earn more, but pay more for items. So the only thing it would accomplish is to provide more orbs for the crafters... thus increasing the number of OP items in the game.

More and more items like these are going to cause the developers to have to design challenges around a stronger "average" character.

Thus the game eventually becomes harder and harder.

Be careful what you ask for. We're already seeing far too much power creep in the game as it is.
"
"
morbo wrote:
No.

I totally agree! Inflation is already a bitch in the permanent leagues. I quit for months. When I played last chaos was 30:1 ex and ex was 170:1 mirror. Now chaos is 38:1 ex and ex is 185:1 mirror.

Mirrors went from being worth 5,100 chaos to being worth 7,030 chaos in only 3 months time =/

lol perma league
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
NO :)

the more drops the more people hoard them.. according to chris
LLD BOTW spark/arc caster guide http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1133731
"
andkamen wrote:
NO :)

the more drops the more people hoard them.. according to chris

Lol, sure...i totally dont need all the items i find for my 43 builds. Yeah, i jsut let it rot in my stash. And i dont believe that Chris said that.
but he did. When talking about experimenting with currency drops in beta times
LLD BOTW spark/arc caster guide http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1133731
Omg desync is bad. Lololo altf4 league. Also, gaems ded.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info