Strongbox preloading

Hi. I saw this suggestion on a feedback thread and I very much agree with it.

"
CanHasPants wrote:
I kind of feel like GGG left too much emphasis on the ambush mechanic when they integrated strong boxes into the game. That worked for Ambush League where it was as much about the mechanic as it was about game pacing within the league; however, upon integration to the core game I feel the ambush part should have been left behind in favor of introducing strongboxes as a replacement to large chests.

1. Screw pacing; leave the character idle for several seconds while they're "unlocking" the box (i.e., preloading the assets contained within).
2. Stagger mob deployment; it can still be rapid, less than a second, but not all at once.

To point 1., if I'm on a shitty computer/have shitty Internet, I don't much care if it takes me 30s to "unlock" a box while it takes others but a mere second or two. I'd be much happier being able to open them at all, even at a slower pace, than having to skip some.

Adding an "unlocking time" while the player's/player's party computer(s) loads the monsters would be awesome, and I think it would not be so hard to do.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info