What are the most dangerous places?

As always

Caliga and Perpetus

The eat exiles for breakfast.
I need more purple titles
Keep away from skeletal rhoas, try and stay at 75 all res and you should be fine for pretty much everything.
Cruel dominus is pretty hard if you're playing solo.
The guy on Tidal island and Caliga are really bad. Brutus and his clones are dangerous. Merveil the reflection. Anywhere a devourer can spawn, especially with modifiers increasing their pack sizes. Anywhere a leaping chimera or maw can spawn, places with leaping goatmen. Anywhere a undying alchemist can spawn.

Surviving tidal island is a tricky affair. The guy does massive ice damage to the point you will be one or two shot easily. Ranged damage and never sitting still is almost a requirement.

Caliga just does a ton of damage and has a lot of hp. High lightning resist is a must as well as high dps.

Brutus has no easy answer. Being able to survive a crit and massive damage are your best answers aside from avoiding him wherever optional entirely.

Merveil is another one you need a ton of damage for before the damage piles up out of control. There's so many effects on screen is can slow down your fps dangerously.

With devourers you have to be careful about running without stopping. It's bes tto take stuttering movement through the area so that if they do pop up it's only one or two and you can back off, instead of being forced to run forward into even more of them and risking a desynch back into the middle of them and dying.

With anything leaping the best thing to do is keep charing forward so they all land behind you. After that keep on the move while damaging them as they often seem to glitch out and keep leaping continually every second trying to unfairly kill you.

Undying alchemists require a lot of chaos resisance. I honestly solved my problem with them by just going chaos innoculation when I realized most of m deaths were from chaos damage sources. Their bombs can be severely damaging.
The more More you have, the less Less matters
Also of note, I fucking HATE chimeras. Seriously.

They pounce on you and their accuracy must be super high because they always seem to hit, and they hit hard.

You get frozen and pounced on by a 3-4 of them and you're pretty much dead. man they piss me off.
There are plenty of powerful bosses that can cause issue and certain combinations of mods (map mods, rare auras) and mobs can pose quite a challenge. The most difficult areas in general game play are lunaris temple and the scepter of god. Both were designed as end game areas with mobs that are effective ar dishing out their dps.
Last edited by BackwoodsS on Mar 27, 2015, 2:25:53 PM
"
Avereth12 wrote:
Anywhere a devourer can spawn

When you see a hole that Shia LaBeouf made YOU RUN!
I need a signature to look legit
To add to this list, many of the map bosses are extremely dangerous. To the point where when playing hardcore they should be skipped unless your very confident. As a rule of thumb, map bosses which reside in their own separate room and/or floor (with an entrance) are generally the harder ones. Part of why they are so dangerous, is that they are often way harder than everything else in the zone, which can catch you by surprise.

For a new player just getting to endgame, two examples of bosses to be worried about are Temple Piety and the jungle valley boss (big spider).

Also. I didn't see mentioned here "spinesnap". He is a unique chaos leaper (leaping bug) which resides in the slum sewers in act 3. In merciless it's often best to run away from him, which can be hard since he casts temp chains. He does a ton of chaos damage, and most players will have negative chaos resist at the time of fighting him.
Last edited by Nerdicide on Mar 27, 2015, 5:12:47 PM
Tons of good tips, guys. Thanks a lot. :)
Surprised nobody mentioned this yet. Spinesnap. The thing lives somewhere in the act 3 sewers. The multistrike leap slam hurts enough, but it also carries a damn gas cloud around it that does massive chaos damage per second.
"
jebroni wrote:
Surprised nobody mentioned this yet. Spinesnap. The thing lives somewhere in the act 3 sewers. The multistrike leap slam hurts enough, but it also carries a damn gas cloud around it that does massive chaos damage per second.

That sounds dangerous. lol

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info