Spell farming?

So say I regret not taking a certain spell as a quest reward at the beginning of the game. Is it possible to go back to act one and farm mobs in hopes of it dropping?

Do mobs drop the spells that were at one point offered as a quest reward or did I miss out on it permanently?
All gems can be dropped by any mob, as long as the mob's level is equal to or higher than the level requirement of the gem at level 1. However, the chance of seeing any particular gem drop is pretty low because there are a lot of them. What gem is it? I can just give you one if you'd prefer.
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
Just ask/trade for it. You can't farm for specific gems. The only thing that aids in gem drops is increased item quantity, and that just increases general items dropped.
"
Hockey85 wrote:
So say I regret not taking a certain spell as a quest reward at the beginning of the game. Is it possible to go back to act one and farm mobs in hopes of it dropping?

Do mobs drop the spells that were at one point offered as a quest reward or did I miss out on it permanently?

Go to http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Quest_Rewards to see a list of what gems will be offered to what class as quest reward. If it was early in the game you can always start a new character, play until you get there, and put the gem into your stash to take it with the character you want.

A more interesting method of farming gems would be hoping for Gemcutter's Boxes (type of Strongbox) to appear in the zone you're playing. Then craft the "Contains 8 additional items" mod on it and/or "Contains Support gems only" to make it more likely to get what you're looking for.
Oh awesome I didnt realize that your stash was an account wide accessable chest. Thanks all for the responses.
slightly Ot, but i once made an EK character and skipped added fire and was like: well thats so common gem that it will drop before merciless... at level 86 i rolled another class to get it... i found like 25 gemcutters/all rolled to supportgems but nope... :D
d:-D*

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info