Saffell's Frame

"
goetzjam wrote:
"
Wooser69 wrote:
"
morbo wrote:
@CHP, just to clarify, I was just joking I'm not selling Kaoms. It will sit in the RO tab, until more glorious days come for it... In the current state of the game it should drop down to T2 rarity, imo (which can be easily done, without creating more messy legacy stuff).

As, for Saffell's... yea it should probably be buffed again (around 100%). But then the meta will change again and, urgh.. -_-

I'm using a high roll legacy one on my Cyclone facebreaker for Atziri & her Vaal guardians. Works great.

Good shield club!

I still think saffells is really strong even without any block nodes taken. +5% max res is really strong, even if the shield itself lacks life or resists it's a really great stat. Spell block component is an afterthought. Having only 20% spell block seems weak but when it requires no investment other than a single gear slot, which also gives the crazy 5 max res, well that's just peachy. Rathpith may give around 10-15% depending on how many block nodes you take, but it'll never have the juicy max res.

Fact is that the lack of attack block isn't really a huge problem if your build already has a bunch of ways to deal with attacks, such as blind or whatnot which has absolutely no effect on spellcasters. Which is where saffells shines best to cover up your weaknesses.

Except a non legacy saffels is 4% and less block chance applied to spells.

Was going to link a non legacy one, but it appears all mine on standard are legacy ^_^

I have a 118 saffels that I can't link from my tablet (well I could but fuck it). If anyone is complaining about legacy waffles, imo they should be shot (just a little bit, gently) and their shields taken from them.

It's the other one which imo was way overnerfed. Unless they just wanted to make it the +4 max res shield, in which case they succeeded... but otherwise it lost too much imo.

I agree with ~90% spellblock.

Edit: fuck waffles
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
Last edited by CanHasPants on Mar 27, 2015, 3:07:07 PM
Is this where we shhhhwing our Saffell's?

SHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRWWWWIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNGGGGG!!!!!
Casually casual.

"
TheAnuhart wrote:
Is this where we shhhhwing our Saffell's?

SHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRWWWWIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNGGGGG!!!!!

So close. >_<
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

sorry to tell you guys.... this is the only legit saffels :P
Ah you're right, I'd forgotten they lowered the max res to 4%. That's pretty lame. I'm all for increasing that if need be.
IGN: Asser, AssDelver, Assphobic, AnointedAss, BetrayedByMyAss, CrackedAss, FracturedAss, FulcrumedUpMyAss, ImpaledAss, IncursionOfTheAss, WarForTheAss, UnleashTheAss, ScreamingAsshole, SwampAssKing, Yui
considering gg's intended block level is clearly around 50 with out insane investment , i would say saffels lines up more or less with the current intended balance .

but the +4 all res is an item seller all on its own.
"
grepman wrote:
you dont really need a saffels (or really, defenses) to facetank shipyard gravicius. even his molten shell is a joke. and his firestorm can pretty much be negated by mid-level AA

he's one of the map bosses in the game that is severely underpowered, hes essentially a pinata.

in Open Beta, grepman.

Shipyard was the 2nd best (some say THE best) map in the game back then, so rare people rolled it to the best of their abilities with Exalts and whatnot, and Gravicius was hitting hard and spamming the fire storm like no tomorrow.

I was also very under-leveled, and had around 2.5 life on my trusty day-1 Marauder.
one hit, and I'd probably blow up.
but Saffell's Frame literally blocked all of it.

that's when I fell in love with this awesome shield.
best shield in the game, and no amount of "Rathpith's numbers are better" chants, can convince me otherwise.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info