Saffell's Frame

Since global block chance was so heavily reduced by patch 1.3.0 shouldn't the "% of Block Chance applied to Spells" affix be buffed back up to its original level?
IGN: Victory_Or_Sovngarde
It's not a 13 week development cycle, it's a 13 week supporter-pack cycle.
You can play any build you want, as long as it's the current meta.
Last edited by Ashen_Shugar_IV on Mar 27, 2015, 5:54:23 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Another martyr of the meta shuffling jihad. May Allah rest his soul.

The 1.3 life changes also wrecked up many uniques, making uber gear garbage and common tier gear godly.

Selling a once glorious plate. Dropped once, never used
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
best shield in the game. always will be.

Morbo remembers the glorious Shipyard Gravicius face-tank :)
he and Anuhart just stood by waiting for me to blow up, but didn't happen.

best shield in the game.

not sure the value should be buffed back to what it was back then, but yes the current value does seem a bit too low

legacy vs. current comparison

maybe 90% would be a good value?
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last edited by johnKeys on Mar 27, 2015, 6:28:43 AM
@Morbo: if I were able to log in, I'd be taking full advantage of Kaom's price. It's a piece I never owned, and there are still a bunch of silly stupid things I've wanted to do with it since CB. It would never have made sense to spend >10ex on one just to roll out a no ES low life IW caster with Springleaf and Crown of Thorns :3 (and yes, that's one of the more stupid builds I wanted to do, just for try)

@Topic: I don't much understand spellblock less than 120% max with the "cannot block attacks" drawback. I suppose they took "can be potentially combined with Rainbowstrides and Lazwhar" and went with "must be combined with..." But at that point, I'd much rather go with Rathpith, max res or not.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
"
CanHasPants wrote:

@Topic: I don't much understand spellblock less than 120% max with the "cannot block attacks" drawback. I suppose they took "can be potentially combined with Rainbowstrides and Lazwhar" and went with "must be combined with..." But at that point, I'd much rather go with Rathpith, max res or not.

Even with those items.... redundant.
Assuming you were close to cap on normal block chance getting >=170% of that is inconsequential. Rathpith was almost always superior except in very very specific circumstances.
Want to know what I will always be totally and utterly ok with? Highly specific power.
IGN: Victory_Or_Sovngarde
It's not a 13 week development cycle, it's a 13 week supporter-pack cycle.
You can play any build you want, as long as it's the current meta.
"
Rathpith was almost always superior except in very very specific circumstances.

I don't know, man.
I have both, and as far as immediately-noticeable benefit goes, Saffell's Frame beats Rathpith Globe.
well, at least the legacy version does. didn't compare with the non-legacy one, yet.

as said earlier, Saffell can and should be buffed back - but not to its original values.
a buff to around 90% should suffice, because 70ish is too low, but 110+ is too high.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
@CHP, just to clarify, I was just joking I'm not selling Kaoms. It will sit in the RO tab, until more glorious days come for it... In the current state of the game it should drop down to T2 rarity, imo (which can be easily done, without creating more messy legacy stuff).

As, for Saffell's... yea it should probably be buffed again (around 100%). But then the meta will change again and, urgh.. -_-

I'm using a high roll legacy one on my Cyclone facebreaker for Atziri & her Vaal guardians. Works great.

When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
morbo wrote:
@CHP, just to clarify, I was just joking I'm not selling Kaoms. It will sit in the RO tab, until more glorious days come for it... In the current state of the game it should drop down to T2 rarity, imo (which can be easily done, without creating more messy legacy stuff).

As, for Saffell's... yea it should probably be buffed again (around 100%). But then the meta will change again and, urgh.. -_-

I'm using a high roll legacy one on my Cyclone facebreaker for Atziri & her Vaal guardians. Works great.

Good shield club!

I still think saffells is really strong even without any block nodes taken. +5% max res is really strong, even if the shield itself lacks life or resists it's a really great stat. Spell block component is an afterthought. Having only 20% spell block seems weak but when it requires no investment other than a single gear slot, which also gives the crazy 5 max res, well that's just peachy. Rathpith may give around 10-15% depending on how many block nodes you take, but it'll never have the juicy max res.

Fact is that the lack of attack block isn't really a huge problem if your build already has a bunch of ways to deal with attacks, such as blind or whatnot which has absolutely no effect on spellcasters. Which is where saffells shines best to cover up your weaknesses.
IGN: Asser, AssDelver, Assphobic, AnointedAss, BetrayedByMyAss, CrackedAss, FracturedAss, FulcrumedUpMyAss, ImpaledAss, IncursionOfTheAss, WarForTheAss, UnleashTheAss, ScreamingAsshole, SwampAssKing, Yui
Last edited by Wooser69 on Mar 27, 2015, 2:03:27 PM
"
johnKeys wrote:
best shield in the game. always will be.

Morbo remembers the glorious Shipyard Gravicius face-tank :)
he and Anuhart just stood by waiting for me to blow up, but didn't happen.
you dont really need a saffels (or really, defenses) to facetank shipyard gravicius. even his molten shell is a joke. and his firestorm can pretty much be negated by mid-level AA

he's one of the map bosses in the game that is severely underpowered, hes essentially a pinata.
"
Wooser69 wrote:
"
morbo wrote:

Good shield club!

I still think saffells is really strong even without any block nodes taken. +5% max res is really strong, even if the shield itself lacks life or resists it's a really great stat. Spell block component is an afterthought. Having only 20% spell block seems weak but when it requires no investment other than a single gear slot, which also gives the crazy 5 max res, well that's just peachy. Rathpith may give around 10-15% depending on how many block nodes you take, but it'll never have the juicy max res.

Fact is that the lack of attack block isn't really a huge problem if your build already has a bunch of ways to deal with attacks, such as blind or whatnot which has absolutely no effect on spellcasters. Which is where saffells shines best to cover up your weaknesses.

Except a non legacy saffels is 4% and less block chance applied to spells.

Was going to link a non legacy one, but it appears all mine on standard are legacy ^_^

https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info