poe.com/beast

"
"
GooberM wrote:
"
Well duh, beast doesnt mean dragon. Why did people even get that from 2 blue eyes? I consider a werewolf a beast or some such creature.

Because there were talks of dragon in Act 4 before this image came out. Some are hoping this is the confirmation

"talks" arent confirmations nor a reliable source for anything. But i guess whatever people tell themselves and others they will believe. I never thought it would be dragons, if anything i think its a new boss and it will be as the title of the page says a "beast". Dragons are dragons, theyre not beasts.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/beast

"
beast (bēst)
n.
1. An animal other than a human, especially a large four-footed mammal.
2. Animal nature as opposed to intellect or spirit: an insult that brought out the beast in him.
3. A very large or powerful person or thing: drives a beast of a truck.
4. Something of a specified kind: Her latest film is an odd beast.
5. A brutal, contemptible person.
[Middle English beste, from Old French, from Latin bēstia.]
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2011 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
beast (biːst)
n
1. any animal other than man, esp a large wild quadruped
2. savage nature or characteristics: the beast in man.
3. a brutal, uncivilized, or filthy person
vb
4. (Military) Brit to punish or torture (someone) in a manner that involves excessive physical exercise
[C13: from Old French beste, from Latin bestia, of obscure origin]
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003
beast (bist)

n.
1. any nonhuman animal, esp. a large, four-footed mammal.
2. the crude animal nature common to humans and other animals.
3. a cruel, coarse, or filthy person.
4. any animal, as distinguished from a plant.

A dragon = a beast. Although I agree that http://www.pathofexile.com/beast is not showing a dragon anyway, there's no hint in the picture that is a giant fire-breathing lizard or something.
Last edited by Samkiud on Mar 28, 2015, 7:43:13 PM
"
"
GooberM wrote:
"

Well duh, beast doesnt mean dragon. Why did people even get that from 2 blue eyes? I consider a werewolf a beast or some such creature.

Because there were talks of dragon in Act 4 before this image came out. Some are hoping this is the confirmation

"talks" arent confirmations nor a reliable source for anything. But i guess whatever people tell themselves and others they will believe. I never thought it would be dragons, if anything i think its a new boss and it will be as the title of the page says a "beast". Dragons are dragons, theyre not beasts.

I never said they were confirmations, I'm telling you why people thought/hoped it was a dragon.
You make my ochinchin go doki doki.

Those blue lights don't look like eyes at all.

I think it is just a statue of something we will see in Act 4. A mini-boss maybe.
"
Samkiud wrote:
"
"
GooberM wrote:

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/beast

"
beast (bēst)
n.
1. An animal other than a human, especially a large four-footed mammal.
2. Animal nature as opposed to intellect or spirit: an insult that brought out the beast in him.
3. A very large or powerful person or thing: drives a beast of a truck.
4. Something of a specified kind: Her latest film is an odd beast.
5. A brutal, contemptible person.
[Middle English beste, from Old French, from Latin bēstia.]
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2011 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
beast (biːst)
n
1. any animal other than man, esp a large wild quadruped
2. savage nature or characteristics: the beast in man.
3. a brutal, uncivilized, or filthy person
vb
4. (Military) Brit to punish or torture (someone) in a manner that involves excessive physical exercise
[C13: from Old French beste, from Latin bestia, of obscure origin]
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003
beast (bist)

n.
1. any nonhuman animal, esp. a large, four-footed mammal.
2. the crude animal nature common to humans and other animals.
3. a cruel, coarse, or filthy person.
4. any animal, as distinguished from a plant.

A dragon = a beast. Although I agree that http://www.pathofexile.com/beast is not showing a dragon anyway, there's no hint in the picture that is a giant fire-breathing lizard or something.

You dont expect me to read all that, right? Also, Dragons are not beasts, end of story. If i hear dragon i know what to expect. If i hear beast i know what to expect as well. And dictionary entries, really? As if GGG or any game or movie company ever abided by the definition of a dictionary. I bet your ebony legion and your blackguards are in that dictionary too then?
"
If i hear beast i know what to expect as well.

There is only one Beast:

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
"
Samkiud wrote:

Dragons are dragons beasts are beasts... dragons don't make your kill command hit for 2 extra damage, beasts do hence Dragon!=Beast.
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
Last edited by Pewzor on Mar 29, 2015, 6:52:44 AM
"
DalaiLama wrote:
"
If i hear beast i know what to expect as well.

There is only one Beast:

Spoiler

You call that a beast?

The beast incarnate, and the reigning, defending, undisputed WWE world heavyweight champion, BROCK LESNAR!!!

Dragons on the other hand:

"

The beast incarnate, and the reigning, defending, undisputed WWE world heavyweight champion, BROCK LESNAR!!!

Soon Soon he will job to Roman though. Not that I want it to happen, but you just know they are going to do it.
Oblivious
"
Disrupted wrote:
"

Soon Soon he will job to Roman though. Not that I want it to happen, but you just know they are going to do it.

I watch it live at 2am.^^

Lesnar re-signed so he could win. Besides, Paul heyman spoilers matches all the time. ;)

And it isnt called jobbing to put someone over lol. You sound like a internet smark. :P

Also the first time the main event will be worth staying up for unlike all those times cena was in the main event as you always know he loses dirty or wins clean.

Now back to the topic, i want a dragon pet, and i want a godzilla pet too but i dont really see dragons fitting in this game at all.

I think that pic could be a few things, a new act boss, a new mob type or a new master even. Beastmaster.^^

inb4 rumors about it being a new class

Spoiler
so going back to the 1st post. the runes are the maps that are getting remade to fit with the lore of act 4.

and the image from the @nd post is the darkness from lore that ripped a man to shreds but couldn't
be killed so yeah we fighting that enjoy.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info