Exactly why does hardcore exist?

Play it and you will find out :) Or is this just a bait thread? Or do you have softcore inferiority complex? You will grow out of it sooner or later :P
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
I think I should make a list of fallacies sc players believe in with respect to hc players. I got a start going here:

1. hc players alt f4 instead of dying
2. hc players roll blue maps
3. hc players overlevel the content

Hardcore exist because PoE is all about alt-f4.
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
"
jebroni wrote:
I think I should make a list of fallacies sc players believe in with respect to hc players. I got a start going here:

2. hc players roll blue maps
3. hc players overlevel the content

There are just as many HC players have about SC players. It is a story as old as time!
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
rename HC to alt + f4 league
IGN : Uhigatana
And the vultures shall PLUCK!
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Xavderion wrote:
Play it and you will find out :) Or is this just a bait thread? Or do you have softcore inferiority complex? You will grow out of it sooner or later :P

Yeah, its a bait thread.
So GGG has two leagues where they can bring us enjoyment.
"
jebroni wrote:

It's not a fallacy I have just been reading the HC thread and most of them alt f4 . Like I said in that thread HC my arse , lol ...
ROFL @ Hardcore in this game . ALT F4 for FTW . Hardcore my arse .
I chose hardcore over softcore for a few reasons:
1. I like the tension it gives, make me think about the choices, plan my build more in deep and much more.
2. HC teaches me about the game like 2-3 times faster than it ever did in SC. You die, you reroll, you die again, you start to care, you start to learn because you got a motivation to do so.
3. The economy is so much more interesting, especially at the beginning of the league when I make my own price for items I sell, its like having the economy in your own hands, I can almost feel it.
4. Last, but not least, pretty much all of my people in the guild play hardcore and it s a lot of fun and I would have to leave the guild if I go to SC because I would become an outcast, but I would never do that anyway, lol
Last edited by Dr1MaR on Mar 27, 2015, 7:19:06 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info