Exactly why does hardcore exist?

There was a time this would have been locked by page 3... support is getting pretty lax.
"
The word you're looking for is 'erratic'.

Doesn't matter. Hardcore exists because GGG put it into the game.

End of fucking story.

No its not, I establish my value and worth in an arbitrary fashion based on the particular play style I engage in on online ARPGs. You need to take this as seriously as I do you giant smelly casual!
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
"
"
"
The word you're looking for is 'erratic'.

Doesn't matter. Hardcore exists because GGG put it into the game.

End of fucking story.

No its not, I establish my value and worth in an arbitrary fashion based on the particular play style I engage in on online ARPGs. You need to take this as seriously as I do you giant smelly casual!

I stand corrected.

Look, this is my give-a-shit face. See it? VERY give-a-shit.

If it were any more give-a-shit, it'd basically just be a giant walrus anus.

SERIOUS.

I'm somewhat turned on.
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
There is no real hardcore mode in this game ,lol.
Let me illustrate one fact once and for all.

Imagine a monkey typing on the keyboard (randomly obviously).
Now imagine that monkey playing a massively huge amount of time (like 10000 years or more).

SC.

Monkey type, monkey dies.
Ohhh, one day monkey will type the "proper" sequence and level up. Hence the 10000 years or more, because @ lvl 80 monkey is in for a longgg ride!
Still eventually monkey will reach max level even if it requires 1000000 years!

HC.

Monkey type, monkey dies.
Monkey restart from lvl 1. Moneky is fked and will never progress too far.

There you go.
Anyone can get high level in SC. Plus people can simply get a new level and then go try super hard things with zero consequences. Not gonna happen in HC.
This is why people MAY look down on SC. It is indeed a terrible habit but one that make sense (at times).
Alt + F4 is just a SC player excuse to in turn discredit HC.
"
"
VileCorpse wrote:
There is no real hardcore mode in this game ,lol.

Never played Descent?

no
I always play HC in these type of games because of the much healthier economy and the requirement to build and gear more intelligently than simply stacking "MOAR DAMAGE".

That's how i'm having fun. How everyone else is enjoying the game is their own business ~~.
that is quite literally one of the worst analogies I ever saw in the PoE Forum.

so let me just say this, as a player proud to play both HC and SC: there is absolutely no goddamned reason HC players should mock SC ones, and vice versa.
and now I agree with Charan and Shags. this thread should be locked the fuck down.

[Removed by Support]
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last edited by Arthur_GGG on Mar 29, 2015, 3:07:38 AM
Why is this still going on? That is a better question.
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
Hi Guys,

This thread has been locked due to the antagonistic nature of the thread and its constant derailment into offensive and hateful comments.

Please keep posts civil and constructive and refrain from making hateful comments in the future, as this is in the breach of our Forum Guidelines.

You can find more information about the guidelines here:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/514309

Many Thanks.
support@grindinggear.com

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info