Discharge & Cast on Crit FPS Drop/Major Lag Spikes

Please for the love of God fix this, I don't think we should be having to make parties with titles such as "No Lag Builds" / "NO DISCHARGE" ...

There has to be something you guys can do for lower end PCs like a Particle Disabler or someway to turn down the effects of these extremely laggy skills.

I am in no way asking for a nerf on these skills, but you guys need to implement a lower setting option or the "Particle Disabler" that will allow us to play with people/friends who use these skills.

I am not looking for an immediate reply just asking for the GGG team to take notice or interest in fixing this for our community!

Thanks for all the hard work your putting in, I enjoy donating and playing your game! Please try to construct a solution for these FPS/Lag issues we all have when playing with these skills :)

-Deathz
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
IIRC, Chris has mentioned a number of improvements being made to QoL and graphics customisation in preparation for the Act 4 drop.

Patience (ha! 5 years brah!) young grasshopper :)

We may as well move this to feedback though.
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
Although I like the idea of providing options to those with lesser PCs, I think merely setting some min system requirements would also help in terms of managing expectations.

I know a couple people who upgraded to a new gaming rig. They both said "It's like a completely different game". It's true.
Exactly, I've been considering spending 1000$+ for a new PC/Video Card setup that can actually handle these skills and it probably will be a complete different game.

Just some people don't have money to drop on a brand new PC just to play a single game xD

I appreciate all the feedback and information providing Molten Strike and etc toggling the Discharge that "pushes the FPS/GPU over the edge" but for a few of my RLs they don't even consider playing in parties due to the fact that these skills either get them killed and lose 10% or RIP shouldn't be happening. That being said I am very glad to hear Chris has already made plans on fixing the issue because as a avid Diablo II player it was all about "NO Summoners!" ... Cmon this is 2015 we shouldn't be having the same issues from pre 2002 Diablo II days xD

Again thanks for all the input guys, still going to buy a new PC to fix these issues sooner then later then donate my current PC to my brother so we can enjoy some old school D2 nostalgia like the olden days :p

PS; I feel bad for people with worse PCs then myself, not being able to party play completely cripples your chance to keep up past level 90 where you should be running Rotations with a full party. Spending a single map in a rotation netted me a total of 25% exp which I was able to run 6 maps total with a full party, not being able to do so you would have to spend 6x the currency just to keep up if your playing solo like some of my RLs and unable to party play :/

-Deathz
"
LoRider149 wrote:
Exactly, I've been considering spending 1000$+ for a new PC/Video Card setup that can actually handle these skills and it probably will be a complete different game.

Just some people don't have money to drop on a brand new PC just to play a single game xD

I appreciate all the feedback and information providing Molten Strike and etc toggling the Discharge that "pushes the FPS/GPU over the edge" but for a few of my RLs they don't even consider playing in parties due to the fact that these skills either get them killed and lose 10% or RIP shouldn't be happening. That being said I am very glad to hear Chris has already made plans on fixing the issue because as a avid Diablo II player it was all about "NO Summoners!" ... Cmon this is 2015 we shouldn't be having the same issues from pre 2002 Diablo II days xD

Again thanks for all the input guys, still going to buy a new PC to fix these issues sooner then later then donate my current PC to my brother so we can enjoy some old school D2 nostalgia like the olden days :p

PS; I feel bad for people with worse PCs then myself, not being able to party play completely cripples your chance to keep up past level 90 where you should be running Rotations with a full party. Spending a single map in a rotation netted me a total of 25% exp which I was able to run 6 maps total with a full party, not being able to do so you would have to spend 6x the currency just to keep up if your playing solo like some of my RLs and unable to party play :/

-Deathz

Don't spend money on computer just to play PoE, there's very little difference (none?) between PoE performance on average machine and high end machine due to coding and engine issues.

Also, I've done 90 and 90+ several times solo. I got to 92 in under 2 weeks in Beyond (granted, Beyond was AMAZING for mapping). Doable easy if you know how to handle the map rolling and keep it in check with your currency income.
"
Grughal wrote:
Don't spend money on computer just to play PoE, there's very little difference (none?) between PoE performance on average machine and high end machine due to coding and engine issues.
On the one hand, I strongly disagree.

On the other hand, I also am running on nothing but anecdotal evidence, so I can't prove you're wrong.

This issue needs more science.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
Grughal wrote:
On the one hand, I strongly disagree.

On the other hand, I also am running on nothing but anecdotal evidence, so I can't prove you're wrong.

This issue needs more science.

:P

I base my argument on the fact that I lag and stutter running gtx 780 (OCd, ~18% faster than stock one) the same way my friend does running gtx 670 (stock) in PoE.

However, on Crysis 3 or with benchmarking softwares (furmark, passmark) my card and cpu are on whole another level.
"
SaiyanZ wrote:

There is not much improvement on minimum fps with a better GPU I feel. I upgraded recently from a single HD7870 to a crossfire HD7870 setup. Minimum fps still dips to 10 fps when lots of stuff is going on. Average fps increased substantially though but the minimums still stick out like a sore thumb.

Yeah, this is what I meant too above. Obviously average performance is better but when it stutters, it stutters even if NASA was running this shit.
Probably non-vidcard RAM then. Try that.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
16 gigs of DDR3 not enough for PoE?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info