??? is a 4L farming build viable ???

Hi

I'm wondering if a 4L is enough to reliably one-shot white mobs in higher level maps (68+) and bring down map bosses.

I'd like to create a farming build around Herald of Ash which should also provide MF
HoA + inc burning dmg + ele prolif + inc aoe + item rarity + item quantity

HoA providea all the AoE damage I need assuming my single target attack provides enough damage. For mobility and clear speed my idea is to use Flicker Strike. I don't think 2H is a viable option this leaves me with a 4 link for single target damage.

flicker strike + melee phy + added fire + phy to lightning + cold dmg from hatred
I hope this is enough to overkill white mobs by a lot with just one hit to get massiv burns triggered.

For bosses, if there are no adds I could use
double strike + melee phy + phy to lightning + power charge on crit

My planned build has:
+ 80 accuracy
+ 290 phy dmg
+ 134 crit multi
+ 475 crit chance + 6 power charges
+ 61 attack speed
+ 245 es + ghost reaver
+ 84 ev

I have a dagger with 67-292 phy and ~8% crit
Items that could help are Thunderfists, Abyssus and Meginord's Girdle

What do you think, based on your experiences is the 4 link with the given specs enough?
Last edited by fae76 on Mar 26, 2015, 1:59:44 PM
Anyone? I'd prefer not to "waste" my time leveling a useless toon. Right now I'm pretty broke ingame and need currency and items to trade.
Last edited by fae76 on Mar 26, 2015, 5:15:35 PM
Almost all skills are fine in a 4L.
if you want to go into detail , good still combos to use would be skills that can utilize shotgun mechanics and or crit, preferably both , or skills that can utilize burn proliferation

so for example

flame totems can shotgun my level 60 with horrible gear and a 4l does 2k dps x3 x2 for a peak of 12k dps single targets and realistically probably 4 - 9k aoe.

thats enough to melt white mobs in 60 zones with a 4l and the gems still have 6 levels and i have about 15 - 20 more damage nodes to get.

but flame blast with proliferation chance to ignight and concentrated effect/ crit can be pretty damn deadly too
In Torment I was having terrible luck with my fusings so I didn't end up getting a 5L until very late in the league.

In my 4L I ran: Ice Shot - Elem Prolif - Pierce - PPAD

This was more than enough dps to clear packs easily into mid level maps. I was consistently running 70-71 maps with no problems.

I had a secondary skill to help with bosses, (Punture Trap) but even without this, I think I would have been OK with just my main skill.

Once I got my 5L, I only added life leech, so no added DPS. I can now easily solo level 76 maps with this set up.

TL;DR: Yes, a 4L is enough.
Legacy SC IGN: Octora
Standard SC IGN: Octyte
Thanks for the reply. It seems all of you missed one crucial part of my question.

For this build to reach the intended efficiency it must be possible to reliably ONESHOT and OVERKILL white trash mobs with the 4L setup.

Since the build is phy based life leech is easily obtainable without wasting a gem slot.
I think the best way to do what you want is to maximize damage per hit. You could try Heavy Strike + Melee Physical Damage + Added Fire + Increased Critical Damage, and use a 2H staff for that.
For thy actions, thou shall be cursed, and thy stash tabs shall be forever tangled and
beyond comprehension
I don't think your idea works. Most of all because your overkill will have a great variance, and overall won't be that great. This would mean that you would have to wait and maybe kite some after a kill for the burning + mf to kill the rest.
Another option could be to go CI to use melee dmg on full life.

flicker strike + melee dmg + melee dmg on full life + inc crit

or with a staff which would give me another possible 6L (but as stated in the OP I don't think this is doable):
flicker strike + melee dmg + melee dmg on full life + added fire + phy to light + inc crit
Last edited by fae76 on Mar 28, 2015, 12:54:26 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info