oak cruel reward with glacial hammer

Hi, I have a duelist glacial hammer build.

I chose to go with oak in cruel and cash in on the 18% physical damage increase.

However, my tooltip dps DID NOT CHANGE AT ALL, and I could not feel any difference in the way that I was playing.

WTF?
"Opinions are like a$$holes: Everyone's got one!" - Clint Eastwood in "Heartbreak Ridge"
"
Mjølner wrote:
Hi, I have a duelist glacial hammer build.

I chose to go with oak in cruel and cash in on the 18% physical damage increase.

However, my tooltip dps DID NOT CHANGE AT ALL, and I could not feel any difference in the way that I was playing.

WTF?

Gear, build? You 100% sure it didn't change at all? That would mean you have no physical damage anywhere on your gear.

You sure you've killed Alira and Kraityn? You get the rewards only once the quest is completed.
I've got physical damage on my Mace and Belt

and I started checking my phys dmg AFTER I killed Kraityn and Alira and up to the point where I got the pyramid thingy from oak and saw that yellow "whoosh" effect around my character (just like leveling up).

In that period my physical damage didn't go up.

I might have missed something, though... :/

One more thing (a noob question, actually): Is Increased Physical Damage on my gear the way to go with glacial hammer? I.e. the most effective way to increase DPS?

This is my skill tree so far:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQABIcFLQqbFewZtCSdLOkvzDJOOJZAoEd-Whpc-V4TXzlgS2JaYuxkWmVNapNyw3TteOt674TZhO-K8I-ZmSubLasLsKu2QbaKtxe5Hb02vYG-p8C_wYLEgsS4ypDK08wG037V-N0N3ePnCulG73r05vzF

This is the rest of my current gear:

"Opinions are like a$$holes: Everyone's got one!" - Clint Eastwood in "Heartbreak Ridge"
bump
tooltip dps is only a guide, not an end all be all. don't become obsessive over the tooltip. you got extra damage from the quest whether the tooltip shows it or not.

i wish tooltip DPS didn't exist, i'd rather players obsess over clear speed than tooltip DPS. Clearspeed has a defined limit, a 150,000 tooltip DPS build can clear just as fast as a 1,000,000 dps build, after a threshold you're just one-shotting everything anyways and the extra DPS is just for show and bragging.

call me a purist i guess
"Come along fool, a direct hit to the senses will leave you disconnected."
Last edited by KimchiGirlx3 on Mar 27, 2015, 10:36:26 PM
Thx KimchiGirlx3, that clarifies a lot. :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info