give us a bigger Blocklist-Blacklist ? ---- / closed

Hello ggg and players,

my blocklist is always full if i block all currency-trade-bots in tradechat meanwhile one day playing.

Sure, i dont need to use tradechat....but i do sometimes.

I keep ignoring the bots and report very annoying ones (who post all 5 seconds, in multiple chat-channels), but still there must be a better solution. And the reporting doesnt make a sense since those players do nothing wrong, they are just annoying.

From time to time i clear it with /clear_ignore_list, but then same players appear instant in the tradechat with their spam :)

Could we get a bigger BL
or
GGG gives a trade-chat cooldown of around 1 min
or
?

thx for more solutions and/or reading

regards
Guild "Metal" /// mostly EU /// league + standard /// NO voice-chat necessary
Last edited by Infarkt on Mar 28, 2015, 10:47:13 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Sidenote: There is no excuse to have a limit on blocklists at all. Why is it even there?!

I can't figure a justifiable reason for it. :/
"If you’re incompetent, you can’t know you’re incompetent. […] the skills you need to produce a right answer are exactly the skills you need to recognize what a right answer is." ~David Dunning
It wouldn't surprise me to learn the ignore list is the same size as the friend list.

Both need to be much larger.
IGN: Victory_Or_Sovngarde
It's not a 13 week development cycle, it's a 13 week supporter-pack cycle.
You can play any build you want, as long as it's the current meta.
If its the feature that adds nothing wrong but improves the game with some quality of life stuff, it usually says " It requires a lot of time and resourses". So not gonna happen
Oh, I forgot to say "This is hardcore game, no QoL for you, casuals" - you must suffer when you play or this is not PoE
and " everything is fine" - yes it is , it is from the beginning. Game is perfect
lol your dedication to blocking those you consider trade-bots or annoying trade chatters is astounding.

whereas some would say a normal person would simply overlook or ignore the posts with items they didn't want. you went the extra mile in potentially blocking legitimate players who happened to be trying to sell a few of their good items for 10-30 mins at the wrong time (while you were on a blocking spree.)

Not everyone who hits up trade chat and repeats their items in multiple channels is a botter. I used to try trade chat about once a week for up to 30 minutes just going through randomly channels 1-10 with some items I was having trouble selling on poe.trade. I'd just try out trade chat for a bit and see what happened.

If you are the type of person to get annoyed easily by people who repeat their items on trade chat, then you should simply not use it. There are other less annoying alternatives to someone of your personality type.

____

Also, this is more of a suggestion than feedback. Suggestions have their own forum as well.
"Come along fool, a direct hit to the senses will leave you disconnected."

Suggestion: Give us a bigger Blocklist.

You see the difference? It's miniscule. :P
"If you’re incompetent, you can’t know you’re incompetent. […] the skills you need to produce a right answer are exactly the skills you need to recognize what a right answer is." ~David Dunning
Last edited by TikoXi on Mar 27, 2015, 11:48:07 PM
Kimchi, try to sit and watch the tradechat 15 mins in trade 1-5. Then do that the next hour again, and keep on doing that as long as u wish and as long that u think its fair for the players.
U will see nearly every day and night at nearly every hour the same playernames spamming their items/orbs.
There IS a huge difference between those players and the "normal" players who like to sell an item for 30 minutes that u discribed. Try it and u will see this difference - and then u know what iam talking about. And then u will see its not astounding, as written by u.

I dont want to block everyone who is using tradechat. I want to block the ppl who have to use a macro for nearly posting 24/7 their same boring things. And this i wanna do, to use the tradechat as its intended in my opinion - read it while playing and trade - and not watch it running down and miss the "normal" traders cause of thos big 8-line-chat-spammers.

edit: imagine that u do that time-wasting-method, imagine. No one can just watch tradechat for so long time. But do it 15 minutes and u see what i mean.

edit 2: senseless to discuss, seems some ppl cant read and think they have to find something wrong in my words. /closed
Last edited by Infarkt on Mar 30, 2015, 12:32:21 PM
Wtf

If you dont like people dont play a multiplayer game lol!!
some ppl just want to misunderstand others. Read correctly and try again, leon.

i close this thread, thx for some interesting suggestions

/closed

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info