should minions benifit from conduit?

It only takes one socket to slot in Frenzy, and ECry replaces Bone Offering. Even for a Summoner, that's not exactly a high price to pay. I'd have to give something up on my Summoner, sure, but I am certain I could find a place. I made due with a five-socket body too, after all.

Also, 45% IAS is well over twice as powerful as Haste. "Only slightly better", my arse. IAS is the biggest problem with Minions. Getting another free Faster Attacks is huge.

Zombies under ECharges are super tanky. 45% DR = ~double effective Life, and they have a lot of Life. Additionally, because they take less Damage they have more time to recover, which is why effective Life is more potent than true Life, after a certain point.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Mar 26, 2015, 11:18:37 AM
zombie are already around 12k hp with proper support gem/tree ( more than 18k with Montgruls thing ), not sure they need extra tankyness.
IGN TylordRampage
you arent talking about unbuffed haste are you , because everything is better than unbuffed haste , taking 3 passive points into any attack speed bubble or any cast speed bubble is pretty much equal to an unbuffed haste.

buffed hastes can get to around 30% if generosity is involved. it is less than the charges sure , half ? no , well unless the frenzy charges grant 60% then yeah it would be double.

enduring cry also aggros mobs to the summoner and while it does plenty of mitigation for physical damage ( which i remind you zombies have no defense for) it does nothing special vs elemental since there are many end game ways to cap resists and still lose minions.

the complete lack of physical mitigation available to minions right now means that vs mechanics that deal dots as physical or attacks that deal damage as physical , that large hp pool that the zombies get is effectively nothing .

"
Malone wrote:
zombie are already around 12k hp with proper support gem/tree ( more than 18k with Montgruls thing ), not sure they need extra tankyness.

well if we are factoring proper support from gems and trees we would have what a corrupted +1 6l zombie with a level 4 empower to get level 26 zombies would get you about 9k hp zombies , the 12k is if a minion life gem is used .

if one specs zombies for defense , they will not die in most circumstances anyway, plus you can technically use endurance charge on stun to get charges on them. so conduit edc would not be the only way to make tanky zombies if that is your thing...

then again .. why would you do such a thing?

another thing to consider is not that minion need conduit , but perhaps conduit needs minions. The key stone is effectively worthless unless some one is doing a novelty build
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Mar 26, 2015, 12:10:26 PM
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
buffed hastes can get to around 30% if generosity is involved. it is less than the charges sure , half ? no , well unless the frenzy charges grant 60% then yeah it would be double.

Generosity is 1 Gem slot for 6% IAS - I did not bother with linking Haste and Generosity, so I didn't account for it. Move and Cast Speed are also useful to the summoner anyways.
Also, for comparision: Frenzy would be 1 Gem slot for 45% IAS.
not disagreeing with your assessment , just pointing out the aura can get to 30%.

also keep in mind you CAN right now get all three charges on minions , and infact i already made a build that does this

tri curse all three marks with splash montre zombies... they looked like Christmas trees.

once you get curse effectiveness to 40%+ your minions have around 50% - 60% chance of gaining a charge per thing they kill.

those curses are technically 1 slot each too.
I am well aware. Your Minions also get terribly few Charges against bosses and you have ~two sub-optimal Curses; Poacher's Mark is wasted, and I'd say Assassin's Mark isn't terribly great either. Warlord's Mark is totes legit though, Leech and ECharges is strong.

The fact only one Minion has a chance to gain Charges (0-3) per enemy slain massively limits its potential when compared to Conduit, though. Three wand attacks to get max Frenzy charges on every minion versus potentially requiring 30+ kills is... Significant, to say the least. While they are also single-slot, they are significantly more limited in practice, and thus not nearly as problematic.

It's a tricky one. Minions would have to benefit less from Charges, which in turn makes the idea less attractive, plus it makes any current Charge generation less potent.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Mar 27, 2015, 7:52:05 AM
i would be fine if they cut the benefits of charges on minions in half if it allowed the use of conduit .

as for your other points,

i would agree poachers mark is pretty damn weak , but i think that is more related to ggg needing to figure out what exactly to do with that damn curse as it really brings nothing to the table.

assassins mark however when you do a curse spec is kind of insane even on minions , i was shocked by how often things were frozen solid by said minions.

it is something that as a spin up time so yeah bosses that are separated from trash mobs can be a problem for gaining charges ,

but on maps where the boss is in the same area , 10 seconds is plenty of time.
this is actually where montre shines , since you have fewer zombies you need to kill fewer mobs to gain charges.

5 montre zombies can reliably get to full charges in as little as 3 packs if they have decent aoe.

perhaps conduit should be changed to , "share charges with minions and allies , 50% reduced charge effectiveness on minions".

that way builds that use say 1 charge type but have a reliable way of generating it are fine.

a trade off of potency for convenience which could be very useful indeed for the early game issues i was talking about earlier.

regardless I am firm in my belief that the salvation of conduit as a key stone lies in its use with minions rather than the dubious use it has in team play, especially since team play is not all that popular.
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Mar 27, 2015, 9:56:15 AM
I've tried to do it once before I knew it didnt affect minions, and considering the traveling you have to do to get it + charges I think it should be possible.

Maybe give a small penalty if they think it still benefits them too much.
Oblivious
well the hard numbers from reddit (thank you) are this

i was correct with endurance , it is 15% each, even if we cut that in half 7.5 x3 is 22.5% which is very helpful for capping resist in early game without providing too much of a physical buffer in end game

frenzy charges give 3% ms and 20% attack/cast speed , so they would definitly be due for a 50% cut down to 10%/ 10% at least, maybe leave the ms alone

and i was shocked at this but power charges apparently give 200% per charge, DAMN, that can also easily survive a 50% cut down to 100% per charge meaning 20% crit chance + 10% with a decent assassins mark ( 34% with curse buffs) that is well into viable without being silly.
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Mar 27, 2015, 11:39:22 AM
"
and i was shocked at this but power charges apparently give 200% per charge, DAMN, that can also easily survive a 50% cut down to 100% per charge meaning 20% crit chance + 10% with a decent assassins mark ( 34% with curse buffs) that is well into viable without being silly.

It wasn't too surprising. Power charge gives 50% for players. The charges are usually at least 3 times more effective for monsters, so I was guessing at around 150% or more.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info