[1.3] Path of Least Resistance: Veil of The Night - UPDATED FOR 3.5

"
Apanauc wrote:
"
_StoneWall_ wrote:
That new skill tree works great. I also switched to my corrupted Cloak of Defiance that was 5L'd.

To also "Synergize" with Molten Strike, I am using Spell Totem/Ball Lightning. I used GMP only to match Molten's look cuz fuck it. Actually the GMP functions as a Temporal Chains net on mobs. I don't know if Spell Echo helps, but with my corrupted armor I was limited on gem choice.

I believe the enemies Elemental Defense changes back and forth between the two Elemental Attacks I am throwing out. This helps the damage between the two.

Spell echo doesn't help totems, just use faster casting for that setup.

oh yeah duh, FC is blue. :) thanks
What about the following setup:

CI, so 100% chaos res
Incandescent Heart, so -25% to all ele damage
Rathpith + Lazhwar for up to 110% spell block, if spellblock still isn't capped - add Rainbowstrides.

Immortal Flesh stays for its awesome regen. Or Meginord for more dmg.

A LOT more ES as a result, and you don't die to any chaos damage.

So, we don't need any resists. Don't need accuracy or crit.
Stack IIR, you can stack a ton of manaregen for example and run mid-lvl AA.

For damage we use Facebreakers. Stack APS and melee phys damage.

Proposed tree

8 % passive ES regen, plus regular rapid regen if you stay out of harm long enough.

Alternatively, GR can be taken instead of ZO for reliance on leech instead of regen, then you free some passives which can be spent on getting more dmg/ES/manaregen.

Goats Reaver version (revised, made as point efficient as I could)
Increasing Field of View in PoE: /1236921
Last edited by Shajirr on Apr 2, 2015, 7:37:18 AM
"
mandrakien wrote:
I reaaaally wanted to make a viable build even if its for softcore so i think o got something.

Spoiler
Since the helmet is cheap you can get "When Hit, (3 to 5)% of Damage is taken from Mana before Life" corrupted mod on it.

Loved the OP idea of using anvil and daressos courage but with a corrupted +3 block anvil you can get 41% block chance giving 78% spell block so we dont need to get any block from the passive tree.

With a legacy cloak of defiance you will have 45% damage taken from mana. OK now we have some defenses against magic damage but how are we going to deal any damage?

With veil you can get some absurd amount of es its perfect for vaal righteous fire also because it cant be reflected but we need Ghost Reaver and Vaal Pact for that. With that being said witch or scion are the obvious choice for the build.

To get the souls for the first cast i would use fireball or flameblast since it has a pretty high dmg and the build have no dex making firetrap impossible to use.

Bandits: kill kill kill

Items:
Helmet veil of the night corrupted with 5% damage taken from mana
Weapon Ephemeral edge is an obvious choice 50% more es means more damage and less deaths! :D
Rare rings with 20% es chaos res int and mana regen
Amulet The Anvil corrupted with 3% extra block
Armour legacy cloak of defiance
belt immortal flesh is ok but i would rather use a rare belt with es armor and chaos res
Boots and gloves highest Armor/ES possible and chaos res

This is how my passive tree would look like if you have any interest
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMA34rpAkuuGyXZW20ZEVCX9DW5UlOnKx1Pl5U9X0yzBAfr5B8CXyo2xdgki3qnCAFvuJOdruL36-4abIRIKPqa4PfB5CJca1fJmK2Cx0WdKU_DbTeDDXz56Ax9U1LsOKbr6rpBhxB_gpsnL548LKa0DLc-xp6aO5BVjHaQ1pMnxq7-CjwF4XMaOLcxHNw8LRyn2L3vfKIAwBp_xsT2DF81kvAfBLNxhcHFJ-1TpbXyaPJ65uwYGS4GDqlufA5j_Y_62WHUfCo4p1VG19DQrY1XDQn2W6BHBs9-0iFDyNvn8kFPBF9qggc=

Not everything is needed but since its standard you can use any old character with a free respec into this.

This doesn't work. For Daresso shield you need to to be low life. If you reserve most of your life, your CoD setup won't do jack shit as it requires life to be unreserved, as the damage is first taken from ES fully, Mind over Matter does not reduce damage done to your ES.
If your life is unreserved, you have 0% spellblock.
Increasing Field of View in PoE: /1236921

This is the tree I came up with. Here are the main pros and cons from the tree in the OP.

PROS:
More Regen
More ES
More Mana Regeneration
More Attack Speed(Not much)(10.9 native regen, that'd be RF lvl regen if we didn't have 0 fire resist)

CONS:
Less Armor
Less Physical Damage
Less Melee Block
Less Unlucky against critical hits

I made this build to be generally more tanky than the OP counterpart. If ES is the lifeforce behind the build, I felt that building ES was more important than building armor, since it's not as effective against large attacks anyways. I also think with mana and mana regen on gear a decent lvled arctic armor is well within the realm of possibility. So very tanky. Also, if Ephemeral edge is equipped, I don't think melee damage is quite the go to. I'm not sure how godly the Immortal Flesh regen is next to 14.9(with Zahendus or whatever's effect) on a relatively large amount of ES(even 4k or so) 75 is just .02% regeneration.

Dealing Damage with this build in general seems difficult, I haven't played with the new counter skills much, but counters aren't enough against bosses usually, as they have less frequent hits that are harder. Maybe Cybils incinerate with some moved around nodes or something.

General thoughts while I was playing around with trees.
Last edited by Apanauc on Apr 2, 2015, 11:31:46 PM
Just too much sinergy in this build, i'm overwhelmed O:O
could you please make it up to date when prophecy start? want play this build in new temp league.
Aye Aye Captain!
This has not been updated since 12 months.
How about this tree path?

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQCALkdmy34oQ5DBou-eMKOzV8g42zYGbRf2r6nLYMKJmVNFSC9NizpCTNHfgDu0TaE2SpN4iwvzH1bR-LBgqxHIuJNRlFMpDli7MpKhO9vnl-w2sHxs5u1dO1LV8M6BS3A4yLqeu_o1kCgmyYFted0wL8hYDIBwuwajdsaqZVEnnTxshm0xTqtWyYQewz3U7sY2ymlz3pirG-Ef_u-OqyvLiNh62yM_xz1SxuXk5l6U52qwQC7njY97dfrYxEvKwpd8g5ItzARlhQJBx5_xhNtlS6TJyaI8NVsC--ISVEi9Pk3bRnXzxFQ2VsI9EmxNbkbJcBUpytLrmpD6QI=

Much more Block, Armor and Evasion, ES also.

If you use Incandescent Heart with Aegis, run Anvil and Duelist Gladiator for 100% spell block, 24% from tree, 32% from Aegis, 8% anvil = 64% + 3% max 67% + tempest shield = 70% block and spell block.

Could also run this unique, health, ES and reflect, with some evasion rating (armor) and 15% block, would ease the tree a bit. Also free fortify for whirling blades :D you get to put Culling Strike and Faster Attacks.

Would ditch the need for Rumi's and free a slot for another Granite or Jade flask, maybe even Stibinite since we do not get Unweavering lol.

Also use the Jewel slot to get Phase Acro and 1 dodge node for 3% attack dodge and atziri's step for 16% spell dodge for 46% spell dodge.

thats 78%/78% block, 3% attack dodge and 46% spell dodge, run the 2x rings for no mana reserve and get Grace + Determination for shitload of armor and if you got a fucking legacy Aegis and be unkillable n shit. Also you could then run either Enfeeble + Blasphemy for reduced dmg, or AA, tho Enfeeble seems better. With lvl 4 enlighten you can do either Curse + AA or Discipline + AA, with 94% reserved, also there is 12% less mana reserved in 4 points away on tree in case you wanna experiment.

Even a non legacy one will be alright. Considering the amount of separate Armor nodes and Evasion nodes, you will get nice double dip there and it will all be then added to Armor and Evasion nodes.

With Iron Reflexes you gonna be stacked on shitton of armor so yea, you gonna regen a lot of ES when you block.

Bad thing with this one is you get no space for Chaos resistance on gear, so Incandescent aint really an option there. Rather run Hyri's for 10% spell dodge, with flask up you on 66% spell dodge.

FUCK.

RAT'S CAGE PEOPLE?
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Rat_Cage

Thats 200 life off the bat, -5% max fire ressistance (like we care? xD) and 10% of Fire dmg taken as physical so thats nice migitation there, with AA thats already 20% off fire dmg. Tho it is 20% increased fire dmg taken (multiplier) but yea, seems decent if nothing for the HP boost. If we on a all out lets fuck our selves up, then Rat Cage seems quite nice.

If not, possibly Geofri's Sanctuary for Zealot's Oath.

As far as dmg goes, could go Poison/Bleed as source of dmg due to DoT double dips from the tree nearby, would require a different weapon tho. could get 8% bleed chance and another 8% bleed from nearby if you ditch some Block nodes for the weapon. Tho DoT's scale on the amount of Dmg made so maybe even better just spamming contagion or smth lol. But yea, stack a shitload of counter attack gems with different setups you are and good to go. Or poison on counterattack gems. Hmmm.

Can use the Zealot's Oath flask to charge ES even in case of need. 300% increased shield defense, around 450-500 with 20q shield, 250 chest, 35 weapon and probably some on the gloves too, veil of the night and 200% es from tree = 2k-3k es easy, seems nice. Life is at 160%, with Oak, Immortal Flesh, weapon, Incandescent and Atziri's boots thats a pretty decent chunk of life i suppose.

Or ditch the HP completely and go CI, add a couple of cast when stunned gems with permablock and you are good to go lol.

Just throwing it out there since i am bored as fuck.
The way i think about it i might just keep another fucking Veil that drops and remake an unused Standard duelist into this lol.

Cmon people its been 3 years. Lets make some build for this item already! xD

Last edited by dezignedelic on May 30, 2016, 2:59:32 AM
Anyone wants to see it updated for 2.6?
Yes!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info