[1.3] Path of Least Resistance: Veil of The Night - UPDATED FOR 3.5

"
Maladril wrote:
This build is really fun,

Had Immortal flesh, andvil and Cassock laying around so I figured out: "Why not try for fun ?"

Turns out it's really absurdly cool.

Sadly, it dies to any chaos damage since you can't do anything with your awesome regen since it affects your Energy Shield only. You have to be Johnny-on-the-spot with healing pots and Amethyst flask.

So yeah... sadly it's not a viable build...

Very entertaining though !

Thank you for giving this a try. Have you tried lori's lantern? I found it to be incredibly helpful against chaos damage. Also while you cant regen life, life leach on attacks replenishes your health instead.
Last edited by AgurBadur on Mar 30, 2015, 11:07:50 AM
he probably forgot to max chaos resist.
Vid is up
I did have max Chaos resist... it still wasn't viable vs chaos damage.

Yeah, life leach seems mandatory, may want to specify it in the build description.

Nice video. I've just starting running this build and leveling the gems. I have everything but Lori's Lantern.
I reaaaally wanted to make a viable build even if its for softcore so i think o got something.

Since the helmet is cheap you can get "When Hit, (3 to 5)% of Damage is taken from Mana before Life" corrupted mod on it.

Loved the OP idea of using anvil and daressos courage but with a corrupted +3 block anvil you can get 41% block chance giving 78% spell block so we dont need to get any block from the passive tree.

With a legacy cloak of defiance you will have 45% damage taken from mana. OK now we have some defenses against magic damage but how are we going to deal any damage?

With veil you can get some absurd amount of es its perfect for vaal righteous fire also because it cant be reflected but we need Ghost Reaver and Vaal Pact for that. With that being said witch or scion are the obvious choice for the build.

To get the souls for the first cast i would use fireball or flameblast since it has a pretty high dmg and the build have no dex making firetrap impossible to use.

Bandits: kill kill kill

Items:
Helmet veil of the night corrupted with 5% damage taken from mana
Weapon Ephemeral edge is an obvious choice 50% more es means more damage and less deaths! :D
Rare rings with 20% es chaos res int and mana regen
Amulet The Anvil corrupted with 3% extra block
Armour legacy cloak of defiance
belt immortal flesh is ok but i would rather use a rare belt with es armor and chaos res
Boots and gloves highest Armor/ES possible and chaos res

This is how my passive tree would look like if you have any interest
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMA34rpAkuuGyXZW20ZEVCX9DW5UlOnKx1Pl5U9X0yzBAfr5B8CXyo2xdgki3qnCAFvuJOdruL36-4abIRIKPqa4PfB5CJca1fJmK2Cx0WdKU_DbTeDDXz56Ax9U1LsOKbr6rpBhxB_gpsnL548LKa0DLc-xp6aO5BVjHaQ1pMnxq7-CjwF4XMaOLcxHNw8LRyn2L3vfKIAwBp_xsT2DF81kvAfBLNxhcHFJ-1TpbXyaPJ65uwYGS4GDqlufA5j_Y_62WHUfCo4p1VG19DQrY1XDQn2W6BHBs9-0iFDyNvn8kFPBF9qggc=

Not everything is needed but since its standard you can use any old character with a free respec into this.
Last edited by mandrakien on Mar 31, 2015, 1:46:03 PM
"
mandrakien wrote:
I reaaaally wanted to make a viable build even if its for softcore so i think o got something.

Since the helmet is cheap you can get "When Hit, (3 to 5)% of Damage is taken from Mana before Life" corrupted mod on it.

Loved the OP idea of using anvil and daressos courage but with a corrupted +3 block anvil you can get 41% block chance giving 78% spell block so we dont need to get any block from the passive tree.

With a legacy cloak of defiance you will have 45% damage taken from mana. OK now we have some defenses against magic damage but how are we going to deal any damage?

With veil you can get some absurd amount of es its perfect for vaal righteous fire also because it cant be reflected but we need Ghost Reaver and Vaal Pact for that. With that being said witch or scion are the obvious choice for the build.

To get the souls for the first cast i would use fireball or flameblast since it has a pretty high dmg and the build have no dex making firetrap impossible to use.

Bandits: kill kill kill

Items:
Helmet veil of the night corrupted with 5% damage taken from mana
Weapon Ephemeral edge is an obvious choice 50% more es means more damage and less deaths! :D
Rare rings with 20% es chaos res int and mana regen
Amulet The Anvil corrupted with 3% extra block
Armour legacy cloak of defiance
belt immortal flesh is ok but i would rather use a rare belt with es armor and chaos res
Boots and gloves highest Armor/ES possible and chaos res

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMA34rpAkuuGyXZW20ZEVCX9DW5UlOnKx1Pl5U9X0yzBAfr5B8CXyo2xdgki3qnCAFvuJOdruL36-4abIRIKPqa4PfB5CJca1fJmK2Cx0WdKU_DbTeDDXz56Ax9U1LsOKbr6rpBhxB_gpsnL548LKa0DLc-xp6aO5BVjHaQ1pMnxq7-CjwF4XMaOLcxHNw8LRyn2L3vfKIAwBp_xsT2DF81kvAfBLNxhcHFJ-1TpbXyaPJ65uwYGS4GDqlufA5j_Y_62WHUfCo4p1VG19DQrY1XDQn2W6BHBs9-0iFDyNvn8kFPBF9qggc=

Not everything is needed but since its standard you can use any old character with a free respec into this.

Hmm. Very interesting ideas. To the testing then. I was considering using righteous fire but did not think of vaal counterpart. I am gonna see how it works.
Last edited by AgurBadur on Mar 31, 2015, 3:47:10 PM
"
mandrakien wrote:

Spoiler

Awesome. I have a 3% block. Thanks for another skill tree.
That new skill tree works great. I also switched to my corrupted Cloak of Defiance that was 5L'd.

To also "Synergize" with Molten Strike, I am using Spell Totem/Ball Lightning. I used GMP only to match Molten's look cuz fuck it. Actually the GMP functions as a Temporal Chains net on mobs. I don't know if Spell Echo helps, but with my corrupted armor I was limited on gem choice.

I believe the enemies Elemental Defense changes back and forth between the two Elemental Attacks I am throwing out. This helps the damage between the two.
Last edited by _StoneWall_ on Mar 31, 2015, 10:40:59 PM
"
_StoneWall_ wrote:
That new skill tree works great. I also switched to my corrupted Cloak of Defiance that was 5L'd.

To also "Synergize" with Molten Strike, I am using Spell Totem/Ball Lightning. I used GMP only to match Molten's look cuz fuck it. Actually the GMP functions as a Temporal Chains net on mobs. I don't know if Spell Echo helps, but with my corrupted armor I was limited on gem choice.

I believe the enemies Elemental Defense changes back and forth between the two Elemental Attacks I am throwing out. This helps the damage between the two.

Spell echo doesn't help totems, just use faster casting for that setup.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info