problem whit client

Could not load room "Metadata/Terrain/Act3/Town/Rooms/city_town.arm", reason: "Metadata/Terrain/Act3/Town/Rooms/city_town.arm": Failed to load doodad "Metadata/NPC/Missions/StrDex": "Metadata/NPC/Missions/StrDex.ao": Unable to MapViewOfFile in MapChunk. Error Code: 8 Offset: 2076180480 Size: 10339484
Failed to load doodad "Metadata/NPC/Missions/DexInt": "Metadata/NPC/Missions/DexInt.ao": Unable to MapViewOfFile in MapChunk. Error Code: 8 Offset: 2042626048 Size: 10232127

every time when i go to town i got this error then got me out from game

any one know the problem?
Are you using Steam or the Standalone?

I would hazard a guess that there is a corrupted file, so in steam you may as well try verifying them. For the standalone there is a pack checker you can use (should be in the stickies).

If they come back clear, then we can try something else.

EDIT: Out of interest, how much RAM do you have? Are you using a 64bit OS?
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
Last edited by CaptainWaffleIron on Mar 24, 2015, 3:42:25 PM
2 gb ram, video gt 630 1000 on 120 bit, i use Standalone not steam, OS are 32 bit win 7
check pack file Content.ggpk..
Done. All file hashes are in sync.

..... any think?
"
mckeween wrote:
2 gb ram, video gt 630 1000 on 120 bit, i use Standalone not steam, OS are 32 bit win 7

This is your problem, you're running out of memory.

Have a look in the stickies regarding low memory and managing your RAM usage.

"
Some areas always crash when loading (Eg: Chamber of Sins, Lunaris Temple Level 3)

This is often caused by your computer running out of RAM, or a corrupted packfile. See the solutions directly below.

I get an error message and a crash after playing the game for a while.

EOUTOFMEMORY or Unable to Map File or Unable to MapViewOfFile

This usually occurs when your game file runs out of ram, common on PCs with low ram or running 32bit versions of windows. Running the game with Texture Quality set to Medium usually fixes this, though having less than 4gb of ram will cause problems after changing areas a number of times. We will improve the memory recovery system in future.
You can also reduce the rate of these crashes slightly by adding -gc 2 to the end of your Path of Exile shortcut target, as shown here:

If you are still having frequent crashes, you can turn your Texture Quality down even further by manually editing the production_Config.ini file. You can find this file in your Documents/My Games/Path of Exile folder. If you find the line texture_quality=1 and change the number to 2, you'll reduce the texture quality even further. Note that this may make it much harder to see some enemy spell effects.

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Last edited by CaptainWaffleIron on Mar 25, 2015, 4:18:08 AM
a friend play this game to and have 8gb ram, quadcore processor, gt 930 2000 156bit and do same thing like mine and many crashes whit errors....

then?
You'd want to get him to post a new thread with a DxDiag and information about his crashes, software and applications.

Problems may look similar but may not be caused by the same thing.

Hi there!

While this error message is usually in relation to a lack of available physical memory, it can help to provide us with certain system information by using the dxdiag tool. If possible, please provide us with information about your computer by running dxdiag and sending it to us at support@grindinggear.com with a short message to describe the issue at hand.

(Dxdiag -> start, run, type "dxdiag" without the quotes, and saving the information to a text file)

This would be greatly appreciated as it really helps us with assisting you to find the cause. Thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info