Mortal Conviction

I legitimately tried to make a pure Blood Magic/Mortal Conviction character that was not low life the other day and jeez this passive needs a rework, to be able to run a normal amount of auras (two 60% and one 25%) you need to invest a ton of points into grabbing aura nodes (all in BFE except one 4%, compared to where the BM nodes are) unless you are cool going into end game maps with 2k HP. You would need a stupid amount of health to begin with to pull this passive off as a life based character, its almost as if it was balanced with anyone who would take it would have legacy Kaom's in mind. But I feel the real reason it hasn't been touched is because low life builds abuse it and would continue to, and there isn't an easy way of fixing that.
People of the gutters, steel your bellies, for the slaughter is at hand!

Last edited by XSyntheticX on Apr 25, 2015, 11:43:54 AM
why not simply:

your ACTIVE skills use health instead of mana.

this way your mana pool is unaffected, aura reservation is just as normal and low life builds wont benefit from this passive any more.
"
bigolbear wrote:
why not simply:

your ACTIVE skills use health instead of mana.

this way your mana pool is unaffected, aura reservation is just as normal and low life builds wont benefit from this passive any more.

That would be a bit too OP, i think. It trivializes skill costs and mana reservation without drawback.
If you want to make it balanced, apply drawback there. For example, "60% more mana reserved" (numbers may vary). With that drawback, you will be able to use fewer auras/heralds, than usual, even with reserving 100% of your mana pool, but at least, you'll be able to use SOME.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info