Arc or Tornado shot for a new player without much stuff

Hi,

I have a rather specific question and hope it's the right place. My bad otherwise.

I started playing some weeks ago and I am playing either alone or with two friends (marauder ''tank'' and cold witch). We are self found, appart from a bow I bought (4l harbringer with something like 250 dps).
I have a 61 (soon to be) crit arc witch, almost always leveled with friends and a 65 tornado physic (soon to be) crit shot/puncture ranger. Builds are neversink's and an arc crit build from her, with some modifications but they seem very solid.

My feeling is that the ranger is much more solid, with evasion and movement speed, puncture rocks for kitting/orb walking. It has been however, very slow when I wasn't able to find an up to date bow. Resist are good except chaos (have the cold unique quiver, it helps), life is a little bit less than 3k. DPS is around 1k8 for ts and 2k5 puncture. Solo I'm managing things quite well now that I have new bows, in teams I have to wait for mana (I have got the point from nodes) and my dps feels lackluster quite often. Feeling like the weak link a little bit, but when people die I can kite all day very often.

The witch feels like easy mode most of the time, almost no aiming, has been squishy but now I have focused on resists and life and it feels alright. Something like 2kX life and almost 1k energy shield. The dps, was 1k8 with crap gear and I have been given a wand and some stuff by a generous guy met in publics, I am at 2k3 (one moonsorrow and a ugly shield that gives life and resists, which I need). That's with level 61, while ranger is 65 ...
It feels like the witch has always been getting better and it's not going to stop.

All in all the witch is much more boring to play, slower movement and right clicks al the time. But also easier as even with resist lightning everywhere, it still does damages. Reflects hurts a lot though even with purity of lightning. And when in a bad corner I'm getting raped.
The ranger is much more fun solo (dat boss killer), in team it can feels a bit weird, and I am concerned with the fact that around lvl 70 or 75 I would have to buy a 5L bow and expensive stuff, which seems like exalts and I am far from having those.

To conclude (my bad for the blabla), will it be possible to keep on going with the ranger while only buying here and then things with a few chaos orbs, and go up to highest maps, some day hopefuly atziri?
And with the witch, is she going to hit a wall when gems will be 20? will she also needs chaos (or more expensive) stuff to keep going and when will that happend? How about the stuff mandatory to go to highest maps and will she be able to farm bosses then or does it require very good stuff because arc is somehow the wrong tool for that?
Hi

both of the builds you have mentioned are perfectly good for new player, both are quite cheap to gear and both are viable endgame. I would say stick to the one you have more fun with.

As for Tornado Shot - its probably the most cost-effective build at the moment. With 250 pdps bow you should be able to run high lvl maps quite easy once you get all the nodes. I used lioneyes glare until i bought my 300+ pdps bow and i run 78 maps and atziri with ease. It has great clear speed for maps, and puncture ("naked" or with trap and point blank) provides you with awesome single target damage.

Arc is even less gear dependent, but it scales a bit less then TS. Also it single target damage at high lvl maps is a bit lackluster. And, as far as I know, TS builds tend to have a lot more survivabilty then crit arcers (i can pretty much face tank everything except atziri, this one needs some serious kiting)

Edit:
About the gear.
5l isnt rly that expensive, and you can easily do it yourself - either by throwing fuses, or using voricis help. I dont know how about arc, but 5l TS and 4l puncture is all you need to faceroll 78s (even 79 is easily doable with it) on your ranger.
Last edited by Zenhayaraxermaar on Mar 24, 2015, 5:26:12 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info