Cricket

328 runs on the board. Should be too many for India but they do have a strong batting line up and it's a good batting pitch.

Fingers crossed.
"Withdrawing in disgust is not the same as apathy"

Sunday will be about partnerships.

Spoiler
McCullum - 178* Vettori - 15*
I am now sad. *sniff*

It was to be expected, tho, what with that disastrous series just before the WC. I just hoped that the lineup wouldn't fold so quickly. This is the worst the Indian team has played all tournament. That stupid toss is what got us in the end, or so I believe.

My money's on NZ now. They do deserve it.
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
Why are the Oceanic and SE Asian countries sooo good at Cricket ... while England always sucks balls?

Fuck u England, terrible at all sports.
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
Last edited by bhavv on Mar 26, 2015, 10:10:19 AM
I just watched the ESPN "cricket greats" show about Steve Waugh. It has me *pumped*, being an all time massive crazy stan-like fan of his. Garn the aussies.
At this stage (even being a NZer), I don't care who wins - I just want it to be an Epic Match like the NZ vs SA game, or a high-scoring version of the first AU vz NZ game.

6 To Win It Ya'll
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
Actually nait, even though I'm an aussie I have grown to really like this NZ team. I wouldn;t begrudge them a victory (much). Cracking final.
"
mrpetrov wrote:
I just watched the ESPN "cricket greats" show about Steve Waugh. It has me *pumped*, being an all time massive crazy stan-like fan of his. Garn the aussies.

I've been watching several of those cricket greats shows as well. Great insight into the behind the scenes goings on. I named my first child after Isaac Vivian Richards. The missus didn't want Vivian so we went with Isaac. Second child has Steve as his middle name after the great Steve Waugh. Yes I'm a cricket tragic.

On to the final. Pumped for a great match. As a proud Aussie, I wouldn't actually mind the kiwis winning as I'm used to Australia winning all the time. The kiwis have shown great heart in this tournament and deserve to win. I just hope it is a close match worthy of a final.

"
Hardlicker wrote:
"
mrpetrov wrote:

I've been watching several of those cricket greats shows as well. Great insight into the behind the scenes goings on. I named my first child after Isaac Vivian Richards. The missus didn't want Vivian so we went with Isaac. Second child has Steve as his middle name after the great Steve Waugh. Yes I'm a cricket tragic.

On to the final. Pumped for a great match. As a proud Aussie, I wouldn't actually mind the kiwis winning as I'm used to Australia winning all the time. The kiwis have shown great heart in this tournament and deserve to win. I just hope it is a close match worthy of a final.

HL, Steve Waugh named my first son (sort of)!

I was at Lords in a box for the Ashes in 09, and my wife was almost due with my son (we knew it was a boy). Being a SRW fan, I went up to him to have a chat (he was in the box next to the one I was in). I'd bought the '09 Wisden Almanac from the Lords shop, and I asked him to sign it to my (as yet unborn) son. He asked what my son's name was, so I gave him the three names we had on the short list. He then chose one of the three, which we obviously then had to stick to when we named him!

While we're at it, name your 3 favourite SRW moments? Mine would be:
- Telling curtly to "fuck off and bowl"
- His first century at headingly in the '89 ashes
- Any time he rocks on to his backfoot for the cut behind point

P.

Last edited by mrpetrov on Mar 28, 2015, 1:29:50 PM
MrP.

You very lucky person. Just being at lords for an ashes test would be amazing and then meeting Steve Waugh and have him name your child..mind blowing. I'm curious as to what his choice of names were and which one he picked.

Favorite SW moments:

-initially it was his out the back of the hand slower ball. I practiced it over and over when I was a kid to the point were I was able to deliver it in a game with reasonable control.

-His tour to the Windies where he made the double ton and 60 odd not out against the scariest bowling attack I can remember. I believe that was the same game you referred to confronting Curtly.

-Reading his tour diaries. In particular his recounting of the time he meet Mother Teresa and was in total awe of this tiny frail old women who was revered by millions for helping the sick, blind, deformed people that no one wanted to help.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info