New unique physical bow

"THE HUNTED"

(Base item is a ranger bow)

+400% increased local physical damage (165-390 physical damage)
20% chance to dodge attacks
15% chance to dodge spells

50% reduced global attack speed
50% less damage over time*

"Hunting in Wraeclast often means ending up being hunted yourself"

*EDIT
_________________________________________________________________________________

=> Basically this bow offers an alternative to the very popular Lioneye's Glare unique bow. While both bows obviously seem suited for non-crit physical damage builds, Lioneye's offers high attack speed, a chunck of mana and the all important hits cannot be evaded, which is extremely powerful for non-crit bow builds who are far from Resolute Technique.

While not offering those advantages, The Hunted makes up for it with very powerful blows and excellent defensive stats, designed to accumulate with Acrobatics and Phase Acrobatics. Not having a Lioneye's however means an investment in accuracy (or going far to RT) is mandatory. On top of it the bow comes with a heavy reduced global attack speed. This means the base attack speed of the bow remains unchanged (1.3 attacks per second), but whatever increase you have to attack speed by gems, passive points, other items,... is reduced by 50%. E.g.: 30% attack speed from support gem, 40% bow attack speed from tree and 10% from another item will give you only [(30%+40%+10%)-50%] an overall 30% attack speed increase.

I think the bow is on par with Lioneye's Glare, but gives you completely different advantages compared to it, so it seems a useful item to add to the game.
Because the bow is obviously overpowered when it comes to attack speed irrelevant damage over time inflicting skills like Puncture or Ignite/Prolif setups, it comes with halved damage for DoTs.

Now they just need to bring back the supporter pack that let us submit uniques!
Last edited by Soepkieken on Mar 27, 2015, 6:58:26 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
"
Soepkieken wrote:
Spoiler
"THE HUNTED"

_________________________________________________________________________________

=> Basically this bow offers an alternative to the very popular Lioneye's Glare unique bow. While both bows obviously seem suited for non-crit physical damage builds, Lioneye's offers high attack speed, a chunck of mana and the all important hits cannot be evaded, which is extremely powerful for non-crit bow builds who are far from Resolute Technique.

While not offering those advantages, The Hunted makes up for it with very powerful blows and excellent defensive stats, designed to accumulate with Acrobatics and Phase Acrobatics. Not having a Lioneye's however means an investment in accuracy (or going far to RT) is mandatory. On top of it the bow comes with a heavy reduced global attack speed. This means the base attack speed of the bow remains unchanged (1.3 attacks per second), but whatever increase you have to attack speed by gems, passive points, other items,... is reduced by 50%. E.g.: 30% attack speed from support gem, 40% bow attack speed from tree and 10% from another item will give you only [(30%+40%+10%)-50%] an overall 30% attack speed increase.

I think the bow is on par with Lioneye's Glare, but gives you completely different advantages compared to it, so it seems a useful item to add to the game.

No, no...no...nooo....

Among weapons, Bows are A) the most used weapon in game B) Have the most level 50+ Uniques and C) Have the highest proportion of 'high quality' uniques (uniques that are better than a rare bow with good rolls, and consequently see plenty of use).
We don't need any more good unique phys bows! We've got what - 4? 6? Let's look at 2 handed swords. We've got 3 above level 50, and one's garbage (terminus est), one's a gimick (Oro's Sacrifice) and one is really hard to get decent rolls. (Doomsower <- the only actually good one.)
"If you’re incompetent, you can’t know you’re incompetent. […] the skills you need to produce a right answer are exactly the skills you need to recognize what a right answer is." ~David Dunning
Last edited by TikoXi on Mar 24, 2015, 8:38:21 AM
"
We don't need any more good unique phys bows!

I don't see why not having enough other unique items obsoletes adding good uniques to a category of weapons that already has some good uniques.

Rares can have similar physical damage, WITH attack speed instead of a heavy drawback to it, and WITH decent crit chance, even some accuracy on top of that. A mirrored rare is without doubt many times stronger offensively then this bow. What this bow offers for the loss of offence, is increased defence through the added dodge. Most top-players will not trade their offence for that kind of defence.

Lastly, this bow is just an alternative to the overused Lioneye's. People will not turn to bow builds because of this. Lioneye users will just have an alternative. So adding this bow will not diminish the use of rare bows in the game, nor make bow builds even more powerful. All it will do is create some diversity by reducing the vast number of Lioneye users.
If you have the money you can make it or if you find a supporter who didnt decide on a unique yet. I rather have other kind of uniques where we dont have bases for or some new ones for the same base.
"
I rather have other kind of uniques where we dont have bases for or some new ones for the same base.

I don't exacly understand what you mean by that. Anyway I chose a ranger bow as a base not only for its mediocre attack speed and high damage but also because that base doesn't have a unique yet.

"
If you have the money you can make it or if you find a supporter who didnt decide on a unique yet.

I have always been doubting about buying that supporter pack, but I thought it was not possible anymore since the grandmaster packs launched?
"
Soepkieken wrote:
"
I rather have other kind of uniques where we dont have bases for or some new ones for the same base.

I don't exacly understand what you mean by that. Anyway I chose a ranger bow as a base not only for its mediocre attack speed and high damage but also because that base doesn't have a unique yet.

"
If you have the money you can make it or if you find a supporter who didnt decide on a unique yet.

I have always been doubting about buying that supporter pack, but I thought it was not possible anymore since the grandmaster packs launched?

There are a few i think who didnt decide yet on an item, im not sure though. GGG still has like 100+- uniques from supporters to do.
"
Soepkieken wrote:
Most top-players will not trade their offence for that kind of defence.

I knew you hadn't thought this through all that well, but I didn't realize you were quite that ignorant.

FYI: Yes they would. They would in a fucking heartbeat. They'd duel weild that shit if they could.

The problem with this weapon is not that it's in a saturated level bracket and item class when there are item bases out there that have no uniques whatsoever - it's that it's BORING. In a item class filled with boring uniques.

Spoiler - most dex builds have enough accuracy from dexterity alone to hit 92-93% chance to hit, which means that RT isn't that big of a difference anyways. Only strength based builds have to go RT.

Reduced attack speed isn't that bad a penalty. 50% less would be noteworthy. Either way, with a rain of arrows build, or poison arrow, you don't care. You'll oneshot any non-boss mob, and with PA, it's a non-stacking dot, so attack speed is largely irrelevant.

In short - it's not that interesting. In a weapon class with a lot of not very interesting high end weapons. Windripper is kinda interesting. Voltaxic is very interesting. All the other 50+ bows are basically "fluffy rares". This is yet another "fluffy rare". It doesn't do anything special, and that makes it - at least in my mind - not a unique worth having.

Hell, the only reason I let Doomsower get away with being a Fluffy Rare is because it's actually REALLY good in a weapon class that has such little love and affection that it sells for like a chaos with more pdps than 2 exalt rares.
"If you’re incompetent, you can’t know you’re incompetent. […] the skills you need to produce a right answer are exactly the skills you need to recognize what a right answer is." ~David Dunning
Last edited by TikoXi on Mar 26, 2015, 8:32:45 PM
"
TikoXi wrote:
"
Soepkieken wrote:
Spoiler
"THE HUNTED"

No, no...no...nooo....

Among weapons, Bows are A) the most used weapon in game B) Have the most level 50+ Uniques and C) Have the highest proportion of 'high quality' uniques (uniques that are better than a rare bow with good rolls, and consequently see plenty of use).
We don't need any more good unique phys bows! We've got what - 4? 6? Let's look at 2 handed swords. We've got 3 above level 50, and one's garbage (terminus est), one's a gimick (Oro's Sacrifice) and one is really hard to get decent rolls. (Doomsower <- the only actually good one.)
This is why the game needs more ranged weapon types, ex: crossbows. Obviously one weapon type isn't enough to hold all the cool shit players want to do.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Mar 26, 2015, 8:31:32 PM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
This is why the game needs more ranged weapon types, ex: crossbows. Obviously one weapon type isn't enough to hold all the cool shit players want to do.

Concur. Granted, that could imply some problematic balancing. Besides, where would it go in the tree?
Maybe make crossbows a strength-based ranged weapon? O.o

The potential.

Spoiler
GGG, contact me. Let's talk...
"
TikoXi wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:

Concur. Granted, that could imply some problematic balancing. Besides, where would it go in the tree?
Maybe make crossbows a strength-based ranged weapon? O.o

The potential.

Spoiler
GGG, contact me. Let's talk...

Where it would go on the tree? I bet many thought that about the scion, and bam, big changes. Yeah, its not like they could rebalance the tree. Besides, Xbows could just use the projectiles and bow nodes. Maybe with some exceptions.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info