How is Arc compared to Glacial Cascade for maps?

"
SaiyanZ wrote:
"
rockmassif wrote:
"
SaiyanZ wrote:
Arc auto-targets and is not dependent on AOE nodes or the AOE support. You also have to watch out for physical reflect with Glacial Cascade.

Arc wins hands down.

Phys reflect is no problem tho. I remember running double phys reflect maps, AA was just obserbing all the reflect. 0 problem.

This thread is about Glacial Cascade and Arc though. Not everyone uses Arctic Armour.

Hmmm...of course most spell caster do use Arctic armour (i don't remember partying with one that don't use AA in 3000h /play ...but there should be some).

Fact is, Rockmassif is right: I've never face any trouble with the physical reflection of GC while using AA because its physical part is low.
Last edited by digitalyn on Mar 24, 2015, 3:28:00 PM
"
SaiyanZ wrote:
"
rockmassif wrote:
"
SaiyanZ wrote:
Arc auto-targets and is not dependent on AOE nodes or the AOE support. You also have to watch out for physical reflect with Glacial Cascade.

Arc wins hands down.

Phys reflect is no problem tho. I remember running double phys reflect maps, AA was just obserbing all the reflect. 0 problem.

This thread is about Glacial Cascade and Arc though. Not everyone uses Arctic Armour.

Well, just like digitalyn said, most spellcasters do use Arctic Armour.
It's like the best defence mechanism you can imagine for spellcasters. Especially in HC, I haven't seen any spellcaster playing without AA.
Nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
The Arc build I use doesn't use AA. It does use a Summon Skeleton and Cold Snap linked to a Cast When Damage Taken and Elemental Proliferation though.

This build.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Dr Who (Tom Baker, 1976).
the Physical damage is not really much of an issue, especially if you have something to negate it with like AA, just as the others have mentioned.

There's actually a weird synergy between the two: Arc doesnt have AOE modifiers but is the better horde clearer, while GC has AOE modifiers but is better off for clumped mobs, rares or bosses - basically single target.

Hell, you can consistently do 3x tooltip on GC versus anything that's humanoid size enemy or larger... as long as you balance its AOE properly.
Better stay in the land of the damned, Exile. Here, even the very words are corrupted by Nightmare.
"
Elcardil wrote:
The Arc build I use doesn't use AA. It does use a Summon Skeleton and Cold Snap linked to a Cast When Damage Taken and Elemental Proliferation though.

This build.

i just watched the gear tab of the thread you linked ..well :D

I'm glad 90ex isn't required to play arc

Further more, the "builder" says in the thread:

"
Vaal Discipline is very handy (...). As to the AA, currently I can only run it at lvl15 due to the dexterity requirement, and only run it against certain monsters, because I don't quite have enough mana regen for it

so i guess that's the reason why he don't use it ...not because it's not required or no good, but because of a lack of mana regen.

Further more: we were talking about AA & GC for the physical reflect ...not about AA & arc (wich is still good, but in itself, not in conjunction with arc).
Last edited by digitalyn on Mar 24, 2015, 9:34:11 PM
Go Arc.
Check out ZiggyD's version of Foxtactic's Arc witch. Quite cheap, and great clear speed.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1sylVs2r7MEebfM_kMUzLlFg-WKB3UZ7JCuG-a5duy0s/htmlview?sle=true

Summary: Arc/spell echo/faster cast/add lightning Herald of Ice, Herald of Thunder (linked CoH Conductivity), Vaal Storm Call/spell echo, Discipline, Clarity, Arctic Armor

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info