Dumpster league? More like Imperial Overlord league.

"
So what you're saying is I should toss a boat load of tea into the water and vendor my entire stash in Standard?

Lol, good one.^^
"
enveratise wrote:
Never understood the hate for Standard. It has its place, just like HC and the temp leagues do.

I logged onto my newly transferred BL to HC toon and checked a3m notice boards, global and trade #1 and it made me rethink what you just said :/
Recruiting for Archnemesis League/Siege of the Atlas!
Umbra Exiles:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3244875
The Official Path of Exile Guild Directory:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1192567
"
StDrakeX wrote:
"
enveratise wrote:
Never understood the hate for Standard. It has its place, just like HC and the temp leagues do.

I logged onto my newly transferred BL to HC toon and checked a3m notice boards, global and trade #1 and it made me rethink what you just said :/

Then dont do that.^^
"
StDrakeX wrote:
"
enveratise wrote:

Can you elaborate that? Dont get me wrong I know PoE's permanent leagues sucks major donkey balls especially standard which is just like... well STD...

I'd like to hear your opinion.
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
Standard is for people with no imaginations, cause it like you know... standard.
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
"
Pyrokar wrote:
Standard is for people with no imaginations, cause it like you know... standard.

The place with the most disposable income and least penalty for death has the least imagination?

Hmmm you might want to rethink that sir. Standard is where the majority of theorycrafting takes place.

Trust a native savage to not understand innovation!
Creator of the Praxis ring.
Want to stop power creep? Gut crit chance and crit multi.
The worst part of merge is that you have to deal with remove only stash tabs... Or better not login to Standard/Hardcore.
Nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
"
StDrakeX wrote:

Actually, permanent hardcore league is pretty okay-ish, as far as the community goes. It is certainly miles ahead of community on standard, which is a wasteland filled with the usual kind toxic f2p loudmouths.
The more you depend on forces outside yourself, the more you are dominated by them.
--Harold Sherman
"
Pewzor wrote:
"
StDrakeX wrote:
"
enveratise wrote:

Can you elaborate that? Dont get me wrong I know PoE's permanent leagues sucks major donkey balls especially standard which is just like... well STD...

I'd like to hear your opinion.

I think you are asking about my experience earlier today? I was just commenting that Hardcore seems to be a barren wasteland and it made me rethink it's actual place in this game. I get it that Temp-HC chars gotta go somewhere but I would view its "place" in this game as like a private-mmorpg server of players that wanna play Path of Exile a certain way but there's too few of them to be called a population...

And if you want my honest opinion about your comment about Standard, here goes...
Spoiler
Permanent vs Temporary - Is there even a question of competition or why there should be between the two? Just play whatever you want to. They both have their merits and those people calling for a new "Standard" as in a fresh Permanent-SC League are pretty dumb. They complain about legacies and such but with the nature of builds and creative ways for people to use the various mechanics in this game, there will always be nerfs hence legacies. There's no point really in this suggestion at all. Addressing why there's the thinking of why people think that as "sucks major donkey balls" it's just goes to the players adaptability in dealing with how much I have versus how much someone else might have in this league. If you started earlier you're more ahead in permanent leagues and that's the way it should be. If you're so worried about this then head over to Temp leagues, that's what they're made for...

I started this game on Anarchy I think or was it Domination...? Don't even know because by the time I hit level 50 in cruel docks my friend told me to play Standard with him and so I just recreated a new character there since I was learning the game still. I didn't research like many do on reddit asking which league is the best since, playing with your mates is what makes me stick to games. They eventually abandoned me for Hearthstone, WoW, D3 etc. but I was having so much fun I kept going. I did face what I initially pointed out earlier, the saddening fact that I had soooo much I had to farm for if I ever wanted my gear to be as good as the Guide I was following. At this point I would've restarted on the new League, whatever it was at that time having a greater grasp then I started of course and done well. But I didn't wanna lose my progress and hence I stuck it through and slowly learnt about chaos recipes, vendor recipes, dom farming, and the mother-load of all, flipping...

I think a major proportion of the gripes with Standard lie within the current trade system and of course the mentality that I can never be one of those super wealthy guys ever. It is a defeatist mindset that of course you start believing it, it will become a self-fulfilling prophecy. Just be willing to learn the system of how Standard operates (rates, what things sell etc.) and soon you'll find it not too bad.

On the flip side, I do implore those that were and have always played Standard for a long time and know the game as it is (at least in their eyes) to be the same thing and pretty much got bored of it like I did, to try Challenge Leagues. If you're about to quit and never played them, then you are missing out. It doesn't matter what league it is. I tried the one that just passed and I think we all can say it wasn't the best thing in the world. However not having a tabula and facebreaker and all my shit from Standard Stash carrying my new toons was fun. Having to buy and even sell uniques/rares brought back some nostalgia from early days playing this game. Rotating 78 maps or whatever on standard and not picking up chromes,alts, etc cause you just simply don't care anymore can make you hate this game very quickly.
Recruiting for Archnemesis League/Siege of the Atlas!
Umbra Exiles:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3244875
The Official Path of Exile Guild Directory:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1192567
"
Miská wrote:
You must feel really insecure being the lord of the dumpster league. It's called like that for a reason. Nobody really cares what happens there.

Categorically wrong, at least no more wrong than you thinking anyone actually cares about temp leagues in a meaningful way. This is a game, all that matters is enjoyment. There are quite a few people that "care" about Standard, as you appear to "care" about temp leagues.

Before you go all 'dumpster league hero' name calling, you'll notice the 7 by my name. Obviously I play both because both are enjoyable to me.

I like the definition given to elitists recently on the forum; statements like these fall more into this definition.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info