lol..

"
johnKeys wrote:
"
Would you like me to buy you an SSD for your PC?

I would like GGG to finally optimize the motherfucking engine, plus add some actual handling to connection errors.

When they do, I'll buy all of you an SSD. One a piece.
Don't worry: it's a completely safe bet for me. There won't be any SSDs up for sale when hell has frozen the fuck over.

Even if they do, you probaly won't see much of a diffrence anyway, your PC is way to old...it's supprising it even plays the game(from what i rememeber)

Prety sure that even with the optomisation you'll still have the same problems only slightly less frequent and not quite as bad....but still more than enough to anoy you.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Last edited by lagwin1980 on Mar 24, 2015, 5:10:17 PM
"
Would you like me to buy you an SSD for your PC?

I could use a bigger one, mine is only 128 - aren't the 256 ones faster as well?

Actually, nah. Want I really want is a USB joystick so I can play TIE Fighter again.

ON TOPIC - Wait until Act 4 drops and then try again, there is a ton of work being done on the game. I would suspect it will be worth upgrading to an SSD for :)
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
"
mark1030 wrote:
You are correct. They have not secretly replaced your computer with a better one.
Ugh effort
I've played this game for like 10 million hours and never died on a loading screen. In fact, I have my doubts about disk speed even being an issue here. I'm pretty sure I could play PoE on a 5400 rpm hatachi laptop hard drive with bad cluster, fragmentation, and a seek time slower than the governer of Wisconsin.

My guess is you don't have enough physical memory, meaning you are loading the content and writing to your page file at the same time. Since your disc can't do both (at the same time), it must flip back and forth between reading and writing. This means your seek time is relevant (and an issue) 1000x that of someone with enough ram.

It is also possible you have other programs reading/writing to the page file, which could cause all kinds of performance issues inside of the game content.

Here is a sweater summary :)
Last edited by beefnuggy on Mar 25, 2015, 4:49:29 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info