PoE client blocks macro buttons from keyboard?

Hey!

So this has been bothering me for years now and after furiously searching for solution online and not finding it I'm trying my luck here.

I'm using Logitech G110 keyboard and it has 12 programmable macro keybinds (G1-G12). I've made the following macros

/remaining - bound to G1
/itemlevel - bound to G2
/hideout - bound to G3

For some reason, when running poe client and having it active, the keybinds don't register at all. Press the key and nothing happens. They work perfectly fine (do what they're supposed to do) in all other programs but for some reason not with PoE. They keyboard works perfectly fine with PoE except for this.

Does PoE block these keybinds somehow? Anyone else had this problem and found solution for it?

Thanks
Are you bringing up chat before you press the key?
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
"
Are you bringing up chat before you press the key?

It has that included in the macro.

And it doesn't make a difference if I have chat on or not, the whole key press just isn't registered by client.
Very weird.

Have you tried macroing the mouse buttons through AHK instead?

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

"
Very weird.

Have you tried macroing the mouse buttons through AHK instead?

Yeah, and it works but kinda annoying to have ahk for PoE ONLY when my mouse and keyboard have actual software which is superior to ahk and they work everywhere but in PoE.
Okay, so the programmable keys work fine if macro'd through AHK, but not on their own...

You'd think this would be an easy one to solve, I can understand why it's frustrating.

"
Okay, so the programmable keys work fine if macro'd through AHK, but not on their own...

You'd think this would be an easy one to solve, I can understand why it's frustrating.

I was thinking if PoE client maybe recognizes a script and then blocks it. And the reason why they don't block AHK is because it has been whitelisted since it is so popular and commonly used.
This is strange and I am not sure why it would do this, however I can tell you that the client doesn't stop these. I use a G510s and the macros (/oos, /remaining, etc) all work fine for me. Is the keyboard somehow changing it's profile every time you open the client?
Please contact support@grindinggear.com if you need any help.
"
Jared_GGG wrote:
This is strange and I am not sure why it would do this, however I can tell you that the client doesn't stop these. I use a G510s and the macros (/oos, /remaining, etc) all work fine for me. Is the keyboard somehow changing it's profile every time you open the client?

Hi, thanks for clearing that one out!

No, I only have 1 profile on it (default). Search continues..

EDIT: I have tried using a custom profile for PoE both with client as executable and just as a separate profile that I manually activate with no results.
Last edited by Grughal on Mar 23, 2015, 3:18:25 PM
In the Logitech command editor, which tab are you creating these in? The Multi Key or Text Block tab?
Please contact support@grindinggear.com if you need any help.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info