Full tree respec: will it be right after league end or right when new league starts?

"
"
Sexcalibure wrote:

only reason i visit standard and pretty sure that its the same for 30% of the players, is that i want to use full respec to try and test builds for next leagues

I play in standard a lot, i can confirm its not a build test realm.
http://strawpoll.me/3946068/r my approx was pretty close lol
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
Why would you want to test obsolete builds? You know that along with the tree changes, there will be a bunch of new skills and items, thus making any current builds invalid. At best they'll be viable with changing some of your paths in the tree. At worst they'll be completely unusable. So what's the hurry to test?
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Again PoE is by design to chain reroll over and over. There's nothing more and nothing less. You play a toon to certain level and then reroll to a new toon, when you run out of character slot you buy more or delete a toon or two then reroll until you are full again then buy char slot or delete then reroll. When there's a new temporary league go reroll there, and then reroll there when you have to.

Stop asking for respecs! This is not how PoE is designed.
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
"
mark1030 wrote:
Why would you want to test obsolete builds? You know that along with the tree changes, there will be a bunch of new skills and items, thus making any current builds invalid. At best they'll be viable with changing some of your paths in the tree. At worst they'll be completely unusable. So what's the hurry to test?
there are a shitload of mechanic that are still undiscovered

take example, until lately i did not know that you could ignite your own Minions

learnd it from testing
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
[/quote]Dont have anymore currency to waste on this
problem is that Standard is not a leagues
its a Build test realm

only reason i visit standard and pretty sure that its the same for 30% of the players, is that i want to use full respec to try and test builds for next leagues[/quote]

Of course standard is a league and many people (including me) play all leagues in POE (certainly more than 30% given the fact that most POE players play only standard).. Lets not generalize and/or confuse our personal preference with what the people actually do...
Anybody can become angry - that is easy, but to be angry with the right person and to the right degree and at the right time and for the right purpose, and in the right way - that is not within everybody's power and is not easy.

Aristotle
Last edited by Iluvatar_gr on Mar 24, 2015, 3:39:23 AM
"
They should just not give any at all and let people gather regrets to make the full respecs. Its just silly to beg for respecs since everyone knows theyre coming but no one is happy still, not soon enough not good enough not fast enough.

Every game in the world gives free resets when they change skills and it should be this way

Every time you post in forums its always a troll answer why is that
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
"
Pewzor wrote:
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
Full tree respec: will it be right after league end or right when new league starts?

because there are 2 logical options here

1) right when leagues end:
so players can test builds for upcoming new league

2) when new league start:
so players can reset their build according to new mechanic and content

which one will it be?

personnally i hope for a reset in between leagues, it makes more sense

Go reroll bro... this is PoE yo...
Dont have anymore currency to waste on this
problem is that Standard is not a leagues
its a Build test realm

only reason i visit standard and pretty sure that its the same for 30% of the players, is that i want to use full respec to try and test builds for next leagues

STD is not a test realm and by what i think a test realm is (i played dofus test server/some others) the new 1m/4m leagues are test realms you have it backwards and by GGG they are test realms since they are there to give features to STD/HC leagues (not test realms) by testing them for xxx long then reworking them if they are to much

Seems like everyone on this game has never played another game before or something come on people

Edited in :D: you cannot auto lvl or get items by command like most test servers either (when did people start using realm for server...)
Last edited by Lynerus on Mar 24, 2015, 4:09:29 AM
"
Lynerus wrote:

STD is not a test realm and by what i think a test realm is (i played dofus test server/some others) the new 1m/4m leagues are test realms you have it backwards and by GGG they are test realms since they are there to give features to STD/HC leagues (not test realms) by testing them for xxx long then reworking them if they are to much

Seems like everyone on this game has never played another game before or something come on people

Edited in :D: you cannot auto lvl or get items by command like most test servers either (when did people start using realm for server...)

A lot of people dont like STD. STD is contagious... stupid STD.
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
I play both temp leagues and standard and find both to have benefits and downside. Standard may be a test league for some but not all. Respec constantly are a pain and should only be done when tree changes. There are people who play a ton of characters and remembering the exact tree for each would be tough. At least with new tree you can justify to yourself why it happened.

Imagine if GGG reset tree every month in temp leagues. Do you think it would hurt or help? Some would be ecstatic, while others would be frustrated enough to leave.

I highly doubt those that view standard as a test server will leave if constant respecs don't happen. The opposing camp might.

And just so we are on the same page, standard is not a test server. It is a live league with different dynamics. It caters to people who do not suffer from ADHD (I have severe ADHD, so play both).hah.
Last edited by Nubatron on Mar 24, 2015, 4:55:23 AM
"
Nubatron wrote:
I play both temp leagues and standard and find both to have benefits and downside. Standard may be a test league for some but not all. Respec constantly are a pain and should only be done when tree changes. There are people who play a ton of characters and remembering the exact tree for each would be tough. At least with new tree you can justify to yourself why it happened.

Imagine if GGG reset tree every month in temp leagues. Do you think it would hurt or help? Some would be ecstatic, while others would be frustrated enough to leave.

I highly doubt those that view standard as a test server will leave if constant respecs don't happen. The opposing camp might.

And just so we are on the same page, standard is not a test server. It is a live league with different dynamics. It caters to people who do not suffer from ADHD (I have severe ADHD, so play both).hah.

Hmm everytime when GGG carebear out a full reset I got 20 Lv80+ and a few 90+ on standard... I dont see why people having issue using dumpster league as spec tester... I can never run out of high level toon WITHOUT a full respec already loaded. Aka I will try like 15 different builds by the next respec... and by the time for the next respec I will still have like 5 80+ toons with blank passives still...

Actually torment just merged so make that 24 Lv80+ chars and 5 lv90+

Welcome to PoE.
Last edited by Pewzor on Mar 24, 2015, 5:06:08 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info