A new trading sytem (forum integration) = bad after all?

I just hope whatever they do, they don't make botting more effective.

AHs, offline/forum trading with buyouts etc are a botter's dream.
I think that offline trading might be fine if it means that both parties must agree to the transaction. What I mean is that I put an item up and say "~b/o 10c" and player B shouldn't just be able to buy it even when I'm offline. He should be able to leave his offer, be it 10c or 20 fuses, or 1ex for item +x chaos etc. Then when I log I can see this and weather player B is online or ofline I should be able to finish the offer (given that player B still has the items that he offered in exchange)

being able to instantly buy something weather seller is online or offline is the definition of an auction house. Making it so that the seller must must confirm every deal before it goes through makes it so that it's easier for people to meet but still requires them to log in and interact.
LLD BOTW spark/arc caster guide http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1133731
Last edited by andkamen on Mar 23, 2015, 12:31:57 PM
how about leaving trade the way it is

crazy idea i know

IGN: Inshiterate
So this is art? Awful lousy way to make coin
"
andkamen wrote:
I think that offline trading might be fine if it means that both parties must agree to the transaction. What I mean is that I put an item up and say "~b/o 10c" and player B shouldn't just be able to buy it even when I'm offline. He should be able to leave his offer, be it 10c or 20 fuses, or 1ex for item +x chaos etc. Then when I log I can see this and weather player B is online or ofline I should be able to finish the offer (given that player B still has the items that he offered in exchange)

^this is the most likely candidate. And will most likely still be abused.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
anything that makes it easier to trade will be abused. The question is will it help more than it will do harm?

Im not an economy genius to answer that. I suck at trading in general. I just try to compensate with quantity over quality.
LLD BOTW spark/arc caster guide http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1133731
Most of the poe population are awful at trading seriously I can understand it too; Trading is fucking lame as fuck like you thought I liked becoming a god doing the trade thing? No not really I am very good at it but I certainly did not enjoy it but I accepted if I wanted to be wealthy by all means okay.

Let it be done

Anything to make trading easier for new players is fine personally.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Boem wrote:
"
mazul wrote:
"
Boem wrote:

Somebody playing 60 hours while you play 20 will most likely have more market and economical power, this is suppose to happen and natural. Making the trading automated would not put you above him in economical power.
-Boem-

Which casual cares about economical power? What matters is utility. If it is easy now to get a 50% item, very hard to get 90%, then offline trading will make it easy to get 70% item, but super hard to get 90%.

(% of maximum power)

This is the result of available supply increasing far more than available demand for mid-tier items, while available supply is barely affected for high tier items while the available demand for them is increased by a lot.

Also are you purposefully neglecting the effect of buy-out scripts to strengthen your argument?

If scripts buy-out mid-tier items at low cost and then resell it at higher value, which is a possibility given enough wealth to dominate the mid-tier market then what exactly is the impact on the average casual player?

Can you prove that a such strategy will be sustainable and doable? Specially since you can program timeouts for sellers in such way that their item would not be for sale for X minutes after they put it in their shop.

Unless it is economically viable, people won't do it for any large amount of times.

"

Currently the prices can be bartered and negotiated, thus a buy-out can be lowered if you have the social skills to do so. Similarly you can get a "bargain" from somebody who is not really interested in the trade-game.

Both those options will no longer exist in an automated system.

Depends entirely on how the system is designed. You can very well design so that a buyer can leave offers that the seller can accept when he gets online if he likes to.

"

Alternate currency's? fuck that, no longer an option.¨

Depends on how the system is designed. You can very well design so that seller can set buyouts at different currencies and then whoever accepts first one of those alternatives, gets the items.

"

A good deal? fuck that, no longer an option.

What's a good deal depends on the opportunity cost. There will always be a "good" deal per definition.

This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
Last edited by mazul on Mar 23, 2015, 1:08:08 PM
a new trade system won't magically make poor people rich. the current tools available make it extremely easy to trade.

1. find items (this is probably the hardest part)
2. post items on forum (use procurement to hold your hand even more, if desired)
3. receive messages from buyers (who likely have used poe.trade to find your item)
4. figure out whose hideout you're meeting in
5. swim in shekels like Scrooge McDuck

this isn't rocket science
For all your up-to-date Path of Exile news and events, check out the official Path of Exile Forum here -------- http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/
"
Boem wrote:
"
andkamen wrote:

Peace,

-Boem-

So you are against progress then, ok. Why dont we barter IRL again if this is the system that so many in here prefer? Oh wait, there is no bartering as it is, its all about buyouts, and its all about botting already. We either need something everyone can use or we shouldnt have a trade based game at all.
"
"
Boem wrote:
"
andkamen wrote:

Peace,

-Boem-

So you are against progress then, ok. Why dont we barter IRL again if this is the system that so many in here prefer? Oh wait, there is no bartering as it is, its all about buyouts, and its all about botting already. We either need something everyone can use or we shouldnt have a trade based game at all.

This doesn't even warrant a response, but you still got one.

Do i get a cookie now?

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info